Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
We went years with nickel and diming and now there is a huge uproar because we are willing to splash cash? I didn't know the funds were coming from some of your children's school funds.....

Set pieces are hugely underrated. Chelsea were amazing at them last season and it maybe won them the title.

They HAVE to be in addition to open play though. Because open play still carries on regardless, and you end up being ineffective on open play and relying on set pieces, and at worst ending up with a passenger who contributes nothing. That gets you as far as West Brom.
that Snodgrass fella at Hull had a great free kick on him but he was a yardie in open field play...didn't he end up at West Ham?

Set piece goals count just as much as open play goals.

They do, but you don't get extra set pieces if you have him in the side.

So you have to take away the assists/goals we scored from set pieces.

If GS was as creative from freekicks as he was last year we can expect to score an extra 3 goals from them as we did this year.

He is presumably going to replace Ross so we'd lose the additional goals RB created from open play - about 3 more.

Ross is a waste of space. Get rid and get a real footballer in such as Sigurdsson. Massive improvement. Cannot wait for how much better we'll be this season, it's really exciting.

You're all writing him off like he'll be on a drip after 1 season, he's had no major injuries and as far as I'm concerned he's a strong player. There's nothing stopping him playing for years to come.

You all want young players, with young players come mistakes and with mistakes we lose points... last minute goals conceded, red cards.. all these things make a huge difference.

He'll be a quality signing and that's that.

This is all true concerning set pieces. HOWEVER, you have to look at the talent he was surrounded by at Swansea compared to the talent he will be surrounded by at Everton. Pony up the cash and get him.

You're all writing him off like he'll be on a drip after 1 season, he's had no major injuries and as far as I'm concerned he's a strong player. There's nothing stopping him playing for years to come.

You all want young players, with young players come mistakes and with mistakes we lose points... last minute goals conceded, red cards.. all these things make a huge difference.

He'll be a quality signing and that's that.
Word!

Remember your own team selling Rooney and getting Champions league the year after Dave ? Also remember buying Neville, Beattie and co for our CL campaign with the proceeds. That went well didn't it, this year we are still selling our better players, Lukaku and maybe Barkley, but like Rooney they DONT WANT to be here. Like Suarez, Ronaldo all most impossible to keep hold of unhappy players. But the difference is we are spending a lot of money on replacements and still buying. And we spent the bulk of that money before Lukaku was sold, when did we ever do that with Kenwright in charge.
Obviously flogging a dead horse here like.
What does it matter if a player is sold to fund purchases and we buy them before or after he went? We all knew he was off.

I think it mig

I think your wrong mate, we have smashed the wage structure considerably. The 2016 figure was up to the start of the last summer window.

So we have added:
Rooney £150k a week,
Sandro Ramirez £120k a week
Davy Klaassen £100k a week
Yannick Bolasie on £80k
Pickford 90k a week
Keane 90k a week
Snedeirlin: 120k a week
Williams 70k a week

Thats before any other additions. I think our wage bill is going to be between 140mill and 160 mill annually. Thats he real investment of recuritment.
Where are you getting those figures? Also, we cant massively overshoot short term cost control (STCC) by hiking wages like that.

What does it matter if a player is sold to fund purchases and we buy them before or after he went? We all knew he was off.
So have we divided roms wages between 6 players? Good lads them accepting 20 grand a week each.

This is all true concerning set pieces. HOWEVER, you have to look at the talent he was surrounded by at Swansea compared to the talent he will be surrounded by at Everton. Pony up the cash and get him.

Most good players in poor teams still stand out. For a playmaker that would be in stats like expected assists/open play key passes/passes into box. Even playing with poor teammates so chances are less likely to go in/passes are less likely to stick, you can still see the underlying stats/quality. They just aren't there with Sigurdsson.

I really really REALLY want Koeman and Walsh to be right here and for it to be a roaring success - but if they aren't, and it doesn't, then aaallll the signs were there and they want sacking for greenlighting it anyway.

It's moot anyway as it's all hypothetical anyway and I'm just getting caught up in transfer season predictions so I guess we'll see in 9 months or so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back