Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave...what I find slightly odd about your opinion/wind up/clickbait whatever it is, is that you have no truck with Moshiri spending around about what comes in from selling our dross and don't want to be here players, to fund replacements, but will think he's doing the right thing if he simply spends in excess of income by around £50 million. Surely what matters is 'good business', and not simply spending more? What does it prove if we spend £50 million over income just to simply prove that we can? Prudence is even more of a virtue when you're a billionaire...that's how you continue to be a billionaire....you don't have to prove it by spending money simply because you can.

You have to spend and spend wisely. Simple really. Spending also means having the will and determination to offer deals to keep your best here.

They do, but you don't get extra set pieces if you have him in the side.

So you have to take away the assists/goals we scored from set pieces.

If GS was as creative from freekicks as he was last year we can expect to score an extra 3 goals from them as we did this year.

He is presumably going to replace Ross so we'd lose the additional goals RB created from open play - about 3 more.

You actually think he will have fewer set piece opportunities with this team than he did at Swansea? Lol.

Look I have watched him at Swansea and at Iceland. He is far more than just set pieces. Works his tail off and is actually good at football. He has always impressed me and has passed the eye test on numerous occasions. I don't care about the fee. The market is what it is. He will improve us.

Pathetic is spending £50m on Gylfi Siggurdsson. Would be possibly the worst value for money signing in football history.

Hyberbole? No, I genuinely can't think of a worse one from anyone. Any suggestions? Hindsight not allowed so not Torres to Chelsea for example.

State of that first paragraph. Utter meltdown there.

Can't be arsed going into too much, but looking across the park. Carroll, Aquilani, Markovic, Johnson, Cisse, Downing, Keane.

Huge amounts at the time that produced utter tripe in return.

Siguardsson is basically your modern day David Beckham, he is world class at set pieces, he has massive work rate, great shooting from distance and has a knack of getting crucial goals. He is great under pressure and all this in a bad Swansea team and out on the wing. Play him in the number 10 spot and all his open play statistics will improve especially with better players creating big spaces for him. Is only flaw is he lacks a bit of pace, but Eriksen is not exactly blessed with pace.

Get this signing over the line and this will build a bridge to attracting better class of players in the next couple of seasons. Man City had to start somewhere?, remember the Robinho days for them.

Good points. I have just seen the turnaround that Walsh and RK have accomplished in a year and I think I am in the majority of fans who are very pleased. If RK rates him this high then I say we stand behind him and go get him. Big believer in Walsh in scouting talent. To think where we are today compared to when Martinez was in charge is night and day.

State of that first paragraph. Utter meltdown there.

Can't be arsed going into too much, but looking across the park. Carroll, Aquilani, Markovic, Johnson, Cisse, Downing, Keane.

Huge amounts at the time that produced utter tripe in return.

I want to like this post twice.

Hooray. Bravo I say!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back