Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hand in a transfer request Siggo. Do something to make us think you actually want to be here and aren't just coming for the money.
Agreed. While I admire his loyalty in staying with Swansea last season, I do question his ambition, particularly seeing how long this has dragged on and in light of his request not to go on their US tour but still refusal to officially request a transfer.

Agreed. While I admire his loyalty in staying with Swansea last season, I do question his ambition, particularly seeing how long this has dragged on and in light of his request not to go on their US tour but still refusal to officially request a transfer.

I agree mate - this is the odd thing for me, that he made a significant gesture in bailing their US tour at the last minute, and hasn't followed through given the circumstances. It would seem that all the talk (I believe mostly from Swansea ITKs) about the political shenanighans with the Swansea owners has muddied the waters considerably. Yet if he does hand in a request, a) I doubt that will change the fee they will ask for at this stage and b) there would be a strong suspicion of tapping up.

Maybe he just sits it out...

I agree mate - this is the odd thing for me, that he made a significant gesture in bailing their US tour at the last minute, and hasn't followed through given the circumstances. It would seem that all the talk (I believe mostly from Swansea ITKs) about the political shenanighans with the Swansea owners has muddied the waters considerably. Yet if he does hand in a request, a) I doubt that will change the fee they will ask for at this stage and b) there would be a strong suspicion of tapping up.

Maybe he just sits it out...
I guess his view was that sitting out was a strong enough message. Similar to VVD who is training away from the first team trying to force Soton to talk to the RS.

It will be untenable for Clement and Swansea need reinforcements when Iceland leaves so cannot leave it too late. One way or another it will be sorted soon. If they let it drag Swansea are playing Russian roulette. They need time to spend the fee on replacements

If Sigurdsson is the best player we sign this summer we're in big, big trouble unfortunately.

Sigurdsson might end up as your best player in the PL era, but doubt him all you want.

He is statistically and pass-for-pass the best Playmaker in the league with nobody even close in either regard.

As a £50 million signing, he wont be played out of position or asked to defend 95% of the game.

He won't only averaged 27 or even 37 passes per match, it will be 50-70+ like for Iceland.

IMO he finishes the season with 30-40 goals/assists in all competitions.

Fourth Official (I know, I know) is saying that a £47.2m fee has been agreed.
Likely to be agreed he says,not that it is agreed-just guessing what he thinks is right,dont forget he said lukaku was signing new 5 year deal in next week at the end of march,so not always right

Sigurdsson might end up as your best player in the PL era, but doubt him all you want.

He is statistically and pass-for-pass the best Playmaker in the league with nobody even close in either regard.

As a £50 million signing, he wont be played out of position or asked to defend 95% of the game.

He won't only averaged 27 or even 37 passes per match, it will be 50-70+ like for Iceland.

IMO he finishes the season with 30-40 goals/assists in all competitions.

bloody hell Damo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back