Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Siguardsson + Giroud + Mahrez should let Everton close the gap between 4th and 7th.
Doubt very much we have another 100m to put down in transfers. Convincing giroud and mahrez to come here would be take some doing. But I'm in agreement about mahrez, we were crying out for a player with pace and creativity last night.

Well, I think he'd probably be alright as wing-back.

Going forward he actually looked half-decent. Defensively he was suspect at best.

But something like the below in the away leg would be good to see imo.

Stek (assuming he's Europa Lg no.1)

Holgate - Williams - Keane

Martina - Gueye - Schneiderlin - Baines

Klaassen/Davies

Sandro - Rooney

..Martina hardly blocked a cross despite being close to his winger which is a concern.

Before you said he said his goodbyes yesterday after training and now it's when he 'came back'- what from preseason? I know he didn't say his goodbyes yesterday as I have a contact at Swansea, check my history, and he has told me yesterday that Gilfi is training as normal. Gilfi and Ki were going for a bike ride after training as Ki's fitness levels aren't up to the desired level while Gilfi is at the top of the group. So it doesn't sound to me like he said his goodbyes and then was going on nice bike ride with one of his friends.
You have your contacts I have mine.

Gueye Schneiderlin
Klaassen Rooney Sigurdsson
Striker​

Sandro off bench.
Wow , you would leave Sandro on the bench? Why? He already looks exceptional, and has been signed as our centre forward, which he will be. Do you actually think he would have signed for us to sit on the bench?

Doubt very much we have another 100m to put down in transfers. Convincing giroud and mahrez to come here would be take some doing. But I'm in agreement about mahrez, we were crying out for a player with pace and creativity last night.

Yes I agree.

Perhaps we can recoup some cash by selling Barkley and McCarthy. Will get you about £55m.

Backup and reserve like Robles, Lennon, Tarashaj, Niasse, Garbutt and Rodriguez will probably raise another £20m but it does not seem there are interest (apart from Robles) elsewhere.

Hence, if we have £50m and sell Barkley and McCarthy we may actually sign the 3 in question but we don't have money to buy another CB.

Not the first time I've asked this question this week, but I'll go again.

Who is a better player than Siguurdson, who also would significantly improve us, who fits Koeman/Walsh's gameplan, who is valued at "way less", and most importantly, actually wants to join us.

I know I sound a bit arsey here but I've not heard one realistic suggestion yet. Just Isco, James, Bernadeschi etc. Completely delusional shouts.

Lanzini???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back