Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of us know who will or won't sign for us.

If I say Keita Balde, Berardi or Felipe Anderson you'll say they won't sign and/or they are some jarg player from Serie A who wouldn't settle. Nabil Fekir? Max Meyer? Max Arnold? Max Kruse? That is 3 Germans all called Max for a start.

We don't know what the game plan is. Given we've signed Rooney/Klaassen I'm presuming he will play in the left of a front 3? Otherwise he is the third player who plays in the same position.

We pay Walsh and Koeman millions of pounds a year for a vast scouting network. For £50m the best player on the planet we could sign is Sigurdsson?

If we are limited to lower half team Prem League players then he might be the best. But that is a pretty limited market.

Good post

Before you said he said his goodbyes yesterday after training and now it's when he 'came back'- what from preseason? I know he didn't say his goodbyes yesterday as I have a contact at Swansea, check my history, and he has told me yesterday that Gilfi is training as normal. Gilfi and Ki were going for a bike ride after training as Ki's fitness levels aren't up to the desired level while Gilfi is at the top of the group. So it doesn't sound to me like he said his goodbyes and then was going on nice bike ride with one of his friends.

Index

Yeah same for me. But that adds what - £5m? £10m tops? So around £35m at the very most for Sigurdsson is my view.

I understand the "if Koeman wants him, we should get him" argument, but we hire Steve Walsh for a reason - move on down the list, get someone for a sensible price, then spend the extra money elsewhere.

Mosh has paid money in compensation to get Koeman and awalsh on and is paying them a hefty wage
He obviously told Koeman he would back him
If Koeman wants Siggy that badly then Mosh has to get him
City are backing Pep to the hilt
Jose is complaining Manure aren't
If Pep or Koeman fail after being fully supported then they will be sacked
You can't complain about a manager if he hasn't been given the backing he said he needed to get the job done and he was promised
I've s feeling Mosh has no option but to pay the 50 m or as near to it as Swansea will accept
This might just be the club telling other teams we will not pay what you ask straight away
We paid the asking price for Pickford ,Klassen , Keane, Sandro with no argument , so now we're just saying we're not going to be easily mugged
Just my 2 cents worth

He is training today, funny he said his goodbyes yesterday?

If cared to read my post you see that I never stated saying byes to pals would mean he wouldnt train with them anymore. Just the opposite.
InternetFight.gif

Mahrez is a better, quicker, younger and cheaper option.

Genuine question because I haven't seen a lot of Mahrez. How hard does he work off the ball? Sigi has an extraordinary number of interceptions and distance ran for a forward player. Can see how he fits with Koeman's plans. Would Mahrez be similar?

If cared to read my post you see that I never stated saying byes to pals would mean he wouldnt train with them anymore. Just the opposite.
So he would say his good byes even though he is staying???? Anyway, let's wait and see. At the moment he is staying at Swansea.

I wouldn't be surprised if a fee was agreed over the weekend. I honestly can't see us bidding as much as 45m and give up when only 5m off their asking price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back