2024/25 Relegation Thread

I'm still convinced that we'll stay up again this season. Gone is the sense of mild optimism I felt this time last week when I thought we could reach the dizzy hights of 12th if we got lucky but still, we'll do what we always do. Horrible season saved by little purple patch and the fact that this league is the utter pits.

But ..their recent history and I include their league cup wins is a small price to pay.
Can't take that away.

Bit of a double edged sword. The older fans will find more patience due to their relative lack of success but any fan who's even just 20 will remember winning them winning the prem and FA cup so just scrambling to get 36-40 points isn't going to be enough.

It's the opposite of the younger generations here and at likes of Spurs, Villa, Newcastle, Leeds not seeing their clubs win anything for decades.

Also from reading the thread it seems connection between club and fans has massively evaporated since the owner perished in the plane crash, another prem club just fleecing fanbase since covid.

I think Cooper's a good manager and would take him here but it's a difficult job to take this season as their squad really isn't all that (Dyche would probably do o.k with the Leicester squad).

Relegation football in the last game fullbacks suspect - only one midfielder & no service to our striker ,,, plus the centre of defence with Keane in it suspect - we have two of the slowest wingers in the prem too -

We might be lucky again that the three teams who have come up look garbage. Plus Leicester will more than likely be getting a 6 point deduction with no appeal.

I'm still convinced that we'll stay up again this season. Gone is the sense of mild optimism I felt this time last week when I thought we could reach the dizzy hights of 12th if we got lucky but still, we'll do what we always do. Horrible season saved by little purple patch and the fact that this league is the utter pits.
Yeah, I’m not remotely concerned this year. If we could stay up with ease last season after all the points deductions, I don’t see anything to scare us this year. Ipswich are clearly going to struggle to make double figures, Leicester will go down with a points deduction ….
We will be fine and dandy, even if it’s a bit squeaky bum at times.

I think we will just about stay up but its going to be a long boring frustrating season with loads of poor runs and zero excitement due to having a forehead and snot scratching manager who's ambition for every game is a draw and still thinks we are playing in the 1980s.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back