2024/25 Relegation Thread

Just compare Brightons attacking options to ours...
Minteh
Gouda
Rutter
Mitoma
Adingra
Pedro
Sarmiento
Ferguson
Enciso
Welbeck
March

Pace,skill,movement

v
DCL
Beto
Maupauy
ONeil
Harrison
Lindstrom
Doucoure
Ndiaye
Cheermiti

Just frightening

Last season we were actually safe in December despite two points deductions.

Is it realistic to go from struggling to champions in one summer? I think not. Leicester were a fluke.

I think some fans want the players to slit their wrists on the pitch in a ritual act of seppuku if we get beat.

It’s not an attractive look for potential signings.

The game at the weekend was particularly bad from a certain points of view. Brighton are a good team in possession, when they got an extra man it was like our lads were chasing shadows. Then the manager made an odd substitution, bringing on Holgate for Harrison when we are down to 10 men and 2 nill down when we have Lindstom on the bench if you wanted to make an attacking change, O'Brien, if you want to make a defensive change, we had 9 minutes of stoppage time where we offered very little. I think the fans in the stadium have the right to walk if the team on the pitch are not showing anything in these circumstances.

The season is going to be a slog, like last season. But I think we have the players to get us to 40 points. It was one game. If we are still bottom after 8 games and the fans are leaving early from every game, then I will be more concerned.

The league is horrific outside the top 6. So i fully expect 7-8 teams to be involved in a relegation battle at some point in the season, us being one of them. For ho long who knows.

Our home games are vital, getting spanked in the first one wasn't ideal

The league is horrific outside the top 6. So i fully expect 7-8 teams to be involved in a relegation battle at some point in the season, us being one of them. For ho long who knows.

I actually think the league is pretty deep in terms of quality. Obviously there’s a top 6 but - going on last year’s table - there’s also strength in midtable - Brighton, Newcastle, ManUtd, West Ham all finished below 6th last season. The PL has so many of the best players in Europe. Most players at the Euros. The competition is incredibly tough. Everton’s inertia is causing a significant regression with traditionally smallish clubs passing them by.

i don’t know why i know onana has gone and nobody else

and we’ve got some players in

saturday was literally a SD burnley

losing at home and being crap

we just look turd

The last time we made a decent start to the season was under Benitez strangely enough that start was probably what saved us from relegation after it all fell apart. Took us ages to finally get going under Dyche last season playing catch up just creates pressure. We really need to do well at home this season. I think the league is stronger than last season.

Is it.. Brighton almost certainly won’t be in the top 6 and they’ve just thumped us at our home ground.

We got beat 9-love at home to West Ham in the first game of the 2004/05 season. Our final finishing position? Forf.

I’m not saying we’re going to fetch enough points to be in the Champion League mix, no. What I’m saying is the season is long, hard, girthy and unpredictable, so at least give it until January until you throw in the towel.

UTFT!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back