4pm announcement Barkley Signs new 4 year deal [Dont post GIFS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news. We need new players but we also need to tie up our important players on longer contracts since that will show potential targets that our current stars believe it's worth staying here.

Had to laugh at this, as soon as one player is tied down to a good contract Sky switch trying to sell one of our other players - didn't even bother using a seperate tweet ffs.

Mate, SSN do this because of Sky Bet. Watch the McCarthy to United odds tumble and the bets roll in. Sky make loads of money because McCarthy isn't going anywhere. I wouldn't get that annoyed about it, it isn't them targeting us or anything. They're just trying to legally scam people.

So Barkley signs a new 4 year contract which is great news, as many on here predicted he would be this years sacrificial lamb.
Not content with this good news the bunions are now desperate to convince us that no new signings will be made.
Hmm we shall see, doom mongers prepare for some vaulting in the weeks to come.;)

hahaha, your best today.

So having the temerity to announce that getting the hottest young English player in the game to commit to a new deal is 'a space filler', bravo.

lol.

It was announced to the rest of the country as 'significant news'. With the best will in the world, our two year contract extension for a promising midfielder doesn't really fit the bill does it?

FFS, you'd have to be barmy to defend those idiots for ramping up the national importance of that.

Look don't get me wrong I am made up RB has extended his contract, significant for a major press conference?
I expected him to sign all the news indications from him was that he would sign - I am grateful for that - I just thought it was a bit OTT - Others on here agree others do not - Better news than City or United had agreed terms with him and he was on his way etc, but we all no players contracts mean nothing a PR stunt imo!

The club is in desperate need of investment, We need a new ground and we have been told we are looking at places to move to, We are also chasing our biggest signing ever

The club call all media in the country down to FF and Sky announce there is BIG news from the club and there will be a presser at 4pm

Clubs don't do this for a new contract so me and 99% of blues get giddy and start over thinking stuff, Could it be a new ground, Have we got the investment we need or have we got Lukaku signed, We wait 4-5 hours waiting,waiting,waiting,watching the screen looking for anything then BAM Sky and every other outlet get the news out before the thing has even started, Feel deflated, Ross is boss but meh all this for a new contract

JUST STICK IT ON THE OS LIKE EVERY OTHER TIME YOU TITS

I think were they've got it wrong was they should have announced the deal at the time they announced the press conference, that would have killed off the speculation-mania that was running wild, brother, and stopped people getting "disappointed"

There's nothing accidental about it. They're filling space where 'significant' news should be.

Everton farted a good news story into a bubble that had built up for a great news story. That was daft, and the reaction to Barkley's contract hasn't been what they'd have hoped as a result.

Should some earth-shattering Lukaku-shaped news slam into all our faces in the coming days, I do hope you'll admit you were wrong.

Equally, I'll be livid and all up on the conspiracy bandwagon if we haven't had some massive transfer news before the window closes. I just don't see that happening, though.

Better than any signing we could make, loved his comments about Rooney too. What a boss day to be a blue, no matter how the London media try and sell our players :)

And the Kopites thought they had a chance hahaha, minutes silence and a banner!

It was announced to the rest of the country as 'significant news'. With the best will in the world, our two year contract extension for a promising midfielder doesn't really fit the bill does it?

FFS, you'd have to be barmy to defend those idiots for ramping up the national importance of that.
Who gave it the 'significant news' tag?

Wouldn't have been Sky would it? As there was nothing on the OS.

Wasn't the most lauded young English player around signing a new deal when being placed all over the place via the media - significant in any case?

Seriously mate, why do you follow the game it patently gives you little joy ffs.

Everton farted a good news story into a bubble that had built up for a great news story. That was daft, and the reaction to Barkley's contract hasn't been what they'd have hoped as a result.

Should some earth-shattering Lukaku-shaped news slam into all our faces in the coming days, I do hope you'll admit you were wrong.

Equally, I'll be livid and all up on the conspiracy bandwagon if we haven't had some massive transfer news before the window closes. I just don't see that happening, though.
I can only imagine what the club will do if they have Lukaku in the bag. Alert the Whitehouse and the Kremlin that there may be 'significant' news from L4 and to keep their fingers off the red buttons until SSNs splash it.

The club is in desperate need of investment, We need a new ground and we have been told we are looking at places to move to, We are also chasing our biggest signing ever

The club call all media in the country down to FF and Sky announce there is BIG news from the club and there will be a presser at 4pm

Clubs don't do this for a new contract so me and 99% of blues get giddy and start over thinking stuff, Could it be a new ground, Have we got the investment we need or have we got Lukaku signed, We wait 4-5 hours waiting,waiting,waiting,watching the screen looking for anything then BAM Sky and every other outlet get the news out before the thing has even started, Feel deflated, Ross is boss but meh all this for a new contract

JUST STICK IT ON THE OS LIKE EVERYOTHER TIME YOU TITS

I get what you're saying, but I think this was more a statement of how we're not going to be selling our top young talent as soon as they start looking good and a few rumours start flying around, as has happened in the past.

I can only imagine what the club will do if they have Lukaku in the bag. Alert the Whitehouse and the Kremlin that there may be 'significant' news from L4 and to keep their fingers off the red buttons until SSNs splash it.

Why wouldn't we contact them? And just about every other country as well, cos they're about to get wiped out by a huge jizz tsunami if we sign him.

I get what you're saying, but I think this was more a statement of how we're not going to be selling our top young talent as soon as they start looking good and a few rumours start flying around, as has happened in the past.

How does calling a presser do that over him just signing it and throwing it on the OS

Will Utd,Chelsea and City now think "Oh wow these lads mean business, They called a conference and everything"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back