4pm announcement Barkley Signs new 4 year deal [Dont post GIFS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are mad because other clubs don't announce press conferences for this kind of thing.

Small time Everton mate
Don't they are you telling me this is unique to Everton ? If memory serves me correct Rooney was front page news as was Gerrard and Suarez.
Small time Everton ? Yeah right !! (n)(n)

How does calling a presser do that over him just signing it and throwing it on the OS

Will Utd,Chelsea and City now think "Oh wow these lads mean business, They called a conference and everything"
Why do you care so much that we have announced it this way ?

Did you expect something else ? Wouldn't you of known it was something else though........ you know with you being close to ITK lads.

Don't they are you telling me this is unique to Everton ? If memory serves me correct Rooney was front page news as was Gerrard and Suarez.

Did Liverpool call a press conference when Suarez signed again in Jan

Correct. All the media-savvy clubs do it. It's called free publicity, and it's what we should be doing more of. Can't understand the moaning on here over this.

Would have made a bit more sense if there'd been loads of speculation about his future, but I suppose everyone needs to get used to giving canned answers to news reporters at some stage.

How does calling a presser do that over him just signing it and throwing it on the OS

Will Utd,Chelsea and City now think "Oh wow these lads mean business, They called a conference and everything"

We've made a big deal out of it because he's Ross Barkley. We've had City fans coming on here posting about how they see him as the natural replacement for Yaya Toure and I don't think there's a club in the country whose fans wouldn't be overjoyed if they signed him. Getting him signed up IS a big deal.

We're going to make sure everyone and his dog knows we've done it, because we have a reputation as a selling club that we'd rather shake. It's by doing things like signing Ross Barkley, even after everyone's realised he's ace, that will achieve that.

I think those going on about what a great signing it is are missing the point. No one thought he was leaving any way this summer and a new contract does not mean he won't leave next summer. So the only real news here is that Ross just negotiated himself a healthy (and deserved) pay rise.

I think the presser was more to make Ross feel special.

Didn't agree with them throwing one for a contract extension, but I can see why. Everton's going to be built around Ross, and Martinez probably wants him to understand that.

Would have made a bit more sense if there'd been loads of speculation about his future, but I suppose everyone needs to get used to giving canned answers to news reporters at some stage.
There was loads of speculation regarding his future Man city, Liverpool, Chelsea etc.
Makes perfect sense to me and I guess many other posters too.
It's good news no matter what negative spin you try and put on it.;)

I can only imagine what the club will do if they have Lukaku in the bag. Alert the Whitehouse and the Kremlin that there may be 'significant' news from L4 and to keep their fingers off the red buttons until SSNs splash it.
...have you had a particularly bad day dave?

Why do you care so much that we have announced it this way ?

Did you expect something else ? Wouldn't you of known it was something else though........ you know with you being close to ITK lads.

Do you not think a vast number of Blues thought it was bigger news than this?

Its typical of this club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back