4pm announcement Barkley Signs new 4 year deal [Dont post GIFS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The amount of kopites I've had RT my tweet where I said having a press conference for Barkley is a bit small-time. Laughing at us for being pleased our best player is staying.

Their best player just completely embarrassed their club and then sodded off to Spain without a second thought after they spent 2 years disgracing themselves by putting him before their dignity. And they think they're in a position to laugh?

:D

Anyone who tries to put a negative spin on this is an idiot.

It's brilliant for the club. Anything that shows that we are not going to be selling our best players at the drop of a hat is great.

We have to put up with 'Barkley to Utd/City/Chelsea' stories on a daily basis; this is one in the eye for all those lazy journos, tedious ITKs and arrogant City fans of late.

Anyone who thought the press conference was going to be for something other than a new contract doesn't really understand how Everton work.

A new signing wouldn't be announced as a surprise at a press conference. No club does that, and particularly with Everton, it would be a long drawn out saga mentioned in the media first.

It wasn't going to be a new stadium - that wouldn't be announced at 4pm, that would be a morning presser deal, probably leaked to the Echo the previous day first.

Barkley signing for 4 years is great. The words he said at the presser were even better. He is basically someone we can build the team around for years to come and someone who has blue blood in his veins. He can become the player and the Everton legend that Rooney could have been.

I am made up...... Now back to moaning about us needing more new signings!

I'm proper gutted that as we speak, kopites are calling us small-time on twitter for calling a press conference for a contract extension of a player who's considerably more talented than anyone they currently have in their squad.

It's not funny at all that they've spent going on £100m this window and still don't have a player as talented as Ross on their books. Don't know why I bother with this club sometimes.

It's a big deal to be able to keep your rising stars, I think it's quite right for the club to make a big deal out of his decision to stay. Clearly Barkley loves Everton, enough to stay when he could get a big payday elsewhere. How gutting would it have been for him to follow in the footsteps of Rooney/Rodwell/etc? Barkley is the rare cat who loves his club enough to stay and build something special. That should deffo be celebrated. On a day when McCarthy was linked to being flattered by ManU interest, our recent signings should be celebrated all the more (Barkley, Coleman, Barry).

Everton is really lucky to have multiple players of that mindset right now. It makes Everton different than other teams, and in economic terms that is one of the few competitive advantages Everton has. I'm ecstatic that most of the core of this team is staying together. Can't wait to see what these lads can accomplish together.

Whoever suggested earlier this may have been called initially to announce Lukaku, but it stalled last minute so Barkley was trundled forward, may have been spot on. I mean, a two year extension for RB is ridiculous to call a national press conference for. It looks like something cobbled together to save face.

I just cant believe even this club's PR department could be that poor that this was the original plan.
You know that's daft.

Sky Sports News said - almost as soon as the presser was announced - 'it isn't about Lukaku.'

this is a truly significant signing, sends a message out that, number one, the club are not interest in selling Ross and number two, that Ross is happy at his boyhood club and has not let the paper talk about City and Utd turn his head. Him and McCarthy will be the foundation stones of a great young side here I hope.

i see it like this..

baines, bob, barkley contract extensions all are telling us one thing...we are doing things right, we're moving to right direction. few years ago we would have been robbed like saints are being robbed now. We have stepped up as a club. Every team in the PL are s••••ing them selves when they come to goodison. We have the sexiest manager in the country.

Carry on Bobby.

Coyb!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back