4pm announcement Barkley Signs new 4 year deal [Dont post GIFS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was referring to Dave's wider philosophy on all things Everton. But if you want my answer - yes, yes it is a good idea to announce a press conference and shout from the top of the rooftops that we are keeping one of our best players and most bankable assets at the club for the next 4 years, despite the media putting out biased stories/lies on a daily basis, belittling and undermining the stature of the club.

You do understand that his contract is worthless though yer?

You do understand that his contract is worthless though yer?

Not really, it means if we sell him next summer, he has 3 years left on his deal and we can ask for massive money.

I'm not stupid mate.

Look, it sends out a very positive message - where's the harm in that?

All this 'small time' business is just people worrying about what others think.

They wrote story after story involving Baines for frigging years

Why did we just announce his new contract on the OS? Why did we not call a national press conference?

Because he's not the best young player this club has produced since Wayne Rooney.

Why are you so arsed? It's great news and great publicity for the club. Anyone calling it small time is simply being daft...yes mate, that includes you.

Hate most the bells claiming to be Evertonians on Twitter. Negative gets.

Same mate, I hate the majority of our fans on twitter.

One of the best prospects in European football has committed himself to a 4 year contract & them bell-ends are moaning because the club held a press conference for it.

So...the club judged this right? It's something they should do again?

I haven't seen the press conference yet mate but imo calling one to announce Barkley has signed a new deal is absolutely spot on and for a number of reasons.

I think Everton and in particular Martinez wants to get rid of this small club Everton sell their best players tag once and for all. Barkley is one of the brightest young talents in Britain and a whole host of clubs wouldn't mind him in there team and for him to commit is positive news.

Before anyone mentions its only a 2 year extension, he's already stayed bloody longer than Rooney so adding on another 2 years shows his commitment imo. If anyone would like to gladly go back to the days where we flog home grown talents like Wayne then so be it, but today i think shows that we can keep hold of our top players and who knows mate, we may even win a pot or two because the likes of Barkley are willing to stick around.

Same mate, I hate the majority of our fans on twitter.

One of the best prospects in European football has committed himself to a 4 year contract & them bell-ends are moaning because the club held a press conference for it.

That and Jagielka or Osman, etc post tweets and all they get is abuse. Wrecks my head.

People in this forum make me laugh.

You are the same people who would be OUTRAGED if Everton sold Ross Barkley. Yet you won't let the club make a fuss of our most gifted youngster signing a new contract - when you can pretty much guarantee a number of clubs had express interest in him.

Fair enough we are dissapointed that it's not Lukaku or a new stadium, blabla. But please get a grip and stop being so negative 24/7.

We have signed Barry & Bessic - whilst we know that Everton are working on at least three deals for players along with loans. Don't forget that the media don't know everything and we could be working on numerous other deals.

4 years but Besic - a year older - signs a 5 year contract...

Made up Ross has embrassed the usual London media types as Baines did but the reality is this is just about money and making the club and himself look good (true blue and all that), if Ross progresses as expected this season he'll be on his way this time next year unless we can match the 100k a week and Champions League football that the clubs wanting him can offer

I take it none of the usual suspects are happy with this news, Now had we have sold Ross can you imagine the uproar on here ?

'Usual suspects', does that make you an apologist? Thought all those terms were to be put aside?

Those are Evertonians, of course they're happy, maybe not with the way it has been promoted, so could you not bring your big spoon to the party?

TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back