4pm announcement Barkley Signs new 4 year deal [Dont post GIFS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think those going on about what a great signing it is are missing the point. No one thought he was leaving any way this summer and a new contract does not mean he won't leave next summer. So the only real news here is that Ross just negotiated himself a healthy (and deserved) pay rise.

But he won't have run down his contract and be holding the club to ransom in 12 months either.

There was loads of speculation regarding his future Man city, Liverpool, Chelsea etc.
Makes perfect sense to me and I guess many other posters too.
It's good news no matter what negative spin you try and put on it.;)
There wasn't really though, was there?

Anyway, I'm just thinking about the club's financial well-being; the press don't supply their own butties and bottles of water.

We've made a big deal out of it because he's Ross Barkley. We've had City fans coming on here posting about how they see him as the natural replacement for Yaya Toure and I don't think there's a club in the country whose fans wouldn't be overjoyed if they signed him. Getting him signed up IS a big deal.

We're going to make sure everyone and his dog knows we've done it, because we have a reputation as a selling club that we'd rather shake. It's by doing things like signing Ross Barkley, even after everyone's realised he's ace, that will achieve that.

I agree mate, Without that press conference nobody would have knows about it

Well done Everton

There wasn't really though, was there?

Anyway, I'm just thinking about the club's financial well-being; the press don't supply their own butties and bottles of water.
One look back in his thread on this forum will prove me correct,hell we even had a man city fan on here saying a deal was done.
Should I go vaulting ?

I can only imagine what the club will do if they have Lukaku in the bag. Alert the Whitehouse and the Kremlin that there may be 'significant' news from L4 and to keep their fingers off the red buttons until SSNs splash it.

It would be kind of difficult to imagine what the club would do in the event of that signing based on today. Perhaps set up on the steps of St. George's Hall or takeover the Pierhead just to keep it in country.

We've made a big deal out of it because he's Ross Barkley. We've had City fans coming on here posting about how they see him as the natural replacement for Yaya Toure and I don't think there's a club in the country whose fans wouldn't be overjoyed if they signed him. Getting him signed up IS a big deal.

We're going to make sure everyone and his dog knows we've done it, because we have a reputation as a selling club that we'd rather shake. It's by doing things like signing Ross Barkley, even after everyone's realised he's ace, that will achieve that.

Exactly, if Ross played for another team and we signed him, wouldn't it be a big deal? So why is not a big deal we've signed him on an extension? It's ROSS BARKLEY not Tony Hibbert FFS.

He's currently one of Europe's hottest properties, he'd be a 40 million pound signing if he went anywhere else, so great news to tie him down to a proper deal.

Whoever suggested earlier this may have been called initially to announce Lukaku, but it stalled last minute so Barkley was trundled forward, may have been spot on. I mean, a two year extension for RB is ridiculous to call a national press conference for. It looks like something cobbled together to save face.

I just cant believe even this club's PR department could be that poor that this was the original plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back