4pm announcement Barkley Signs new 4 year deal [Dont post GIFS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's probably been said already. Although I was delighted with the Boss Rarkley news I didn't even mind the no Lukaku news but the 'liverpool have signed player for 10 million' right after the barkley news broke kinda showed us up big time I'm afraid. There was a big build up to that conference and then 'oh ye by the way, Liverpool have signed a player for ten million, making there net spend of half a billion this summer' That was just typical.
So what? I'm more focused on the media rumors that Liverpool were in for Ross. Can you imagine if that happened? The rest of the league want RB and now we have him for 4 years. He'll either stay (my preference) or get sold for untold money in a couple of seasons. All signs that our club is making the right decisions and husbanded their meager funds well. The Sh*** can have all their overpriced players. Honestly wouldn't swap any of them for someone in our squad who is now playing Roberto's style. Even Naismith (I won't say a bad word about Ossie on the week of his testimonial). Their signings don't fill me with fear (and I'm actually only thinking of them of one of the teams that are between us and CL spot next season). Just glad they sold Suarez. That is going to make them a worse team this season.

I'm all for barkley's contract and the message it sends and it's been noted above.
how does this make Coleman feel knowing he had his contract extension announced on the OS at 11pm when everyone was el kippo. and how will other players respond when they aren't given press conferences when they sign extensions?

I'm all for barkley's contract and the message it sends and it's been noted above.
how does this make Coleman feel knowing he had his contract extension announced on the OS at 11pm when everyone was el kippo. and how will other players respond when they aren't given press conferences when they sign extensions?

Dont think they would give a flying fish mate.

Nope. Wrong again Dave. For a start, Barry wasn't our player. For the next 3 years he is though, but just you keep on pretending that we've only brought in Besic, if that suits your agenda. xx

Again, we haven't re-signed them players (Barkley and Coleman) We've given them more money and longer contracts. Doesn't that somehow contradict your opinion that the board/club would rather reign it in and cash in on them?

I'm not quite sure you ever understood what inertia meant in the first place.

As for the money available, I can't comment. You gonna go back to your January point and accuse Roberto of lying? We'll have to wait until September to debate this final point....
You can dress up the extension of contracts and signing on of players already familiar to us as huge change. If that's what you want. I see it as consolidation. It's not change in the sense we all knew that term to represent going into this summer. Back then we all knew what change would be and what would represent inertia. Well, we have a lot of time to go sure, but at this stage the club hasn't done very much to effect positive change. I say that you're setting them way too low a bar to negotiate if you see this window as dynamic.

You can dress up the extension of contracts and signing on of players already familiar to us as huge change. If that's what you want. I see it as consolidation. It's not change in the sense we all knew that term to represent going into this summer. Back then we all knew what change would be and what would represent inertia. Well, we have a lot of time to go sure, but at this stage the club hasn't done very much to effect positive change. I say that you're setting them way too low a bar to negotiate if you see this window as dynamic.

So far, I would agree Dave. IF, we sign Rom, will your view change?

I know mine will be firmed up if we dont. (Or equivalent) As a fence sitter that is.

Re the press conference for the announcement, I think it is worth remembering that RM hasnt been in front of the UK media for a while. And he is by a mile, the most "media friendly" of all EFC employees. Also, we/he have only just come back from the Thailand trip, which apparently went down well with the hosts.

So maybe, just maybe mind you, this was actually aimed at not just the local/national press guys or other clubs sniffing around. But part of a wider picture at getting us seen in other parts of the world as not plucky old Everton, but a serious PL club, who can retain some of the best young players in Europe.

Just a thought Dave.
Maybe. But I'd have thought that global audience would be far more impressed by the club securing a player it didn't already have under contract, like Lukaku.

What a great press conference. I felt great watching that. It restores some of your faith to see importance attached to a local lad who loves his club wanting to stay, as well as the regard he has for his manager and team mates. Barkley is hot property, he could have been holding any number of other club's shirts tonight. Big news indeed for me to see him sign for us again. great to see something so genuine, we should be very proud of Everton tonight. If ever you wanted proof that we are born not manufactured it's right there.

be arsed? a striker that can't score goals bought based on a couple of games and very little scouting (let's face it, this is very likely). we don't have to compare ourselves to them at every term.

getting ross for 4 years is better than their deal because he's a much better player and more highly rated. it was only seen as bigger because it was a signing, doesn't matter if it happened straight after or 3 weeks ago, i only care about our news.

I hear you, to be honest I don't really know that player they signed. I guess it's how it literally came out of the same breath of the anchor about the conference. That probably is why I'm really wound up. I know the cash they splashed a few years ago as we finished ahead so I shouldn't worry.

Maybe. But I'd have thought that global audience would be far more impressed by the club securing a player it didn't already have under contract, like Lukaku.

Oh yes, of course, so lets cross our toes and fingers.......will be gutted if we dont, cos then I will have to jump off my fence, which I quite like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back