6 + 2 Point Deductions

Not that we will do anything - but I think we have a case here for compensation as the rules can’t be applied to all the clubs fairly and equally because the PL doesn’t have jurisdiction.

As far as I can see the rules don’t apply to five clubs in the league in a 3 year cycle for the last financial year to June 24 - Forrest, Bournemouth, Southampton, Leicester and Ipswich.

Thats more than a quarter of the league!

Last edited:

Isn’t the issue two fold, one about the PL not having jurisdiction when they issued the notice. If the PL waited for them to be promoted and then hit them, it would be ok?

Nottingham Forest fan in peace. I was interested to gauge the reaction of you Everton fans and its similar to ours. A few of us are questioning the Leicester argument in that they were not under the Premier League jurisdiction last season. Forest served two of the three years we were measured on in The Championship so there doesn’t seem to be any kind of parity. I know your case is a bit different with consistently playing in the top flight but this Leicester loophole really isn’t a good look for the Premier League.
Which brings me to Leeds. Had they kept their squad together this summer they would have walked the Championship. But they sold off their best assets due to a fear of going up and being punished for breaking FFP.
The whole thing is a mess and we can both count our lucky stars we didn’t go down last season, particularly with your double punishment.

Not that we will do anything - but I think we have a case here, for compensation as the rules can’t be applied to all the club fairly and equally because the PL doesn’t have jurisdiction.

As far as I can see the rules don’t apply to five clubs in the league in a 3 year cycle for the last financial year to June 24 - Forrest, Bournemouth, Southampton, Leicester and Ipswich.

Thats more than a quarter of the league!
Never taught of that, Everton shouldn't let this lie... Forest will look at this ruling with great intrest... we need to get together with Forest and go for it in an actual court.

Nottingham Forest fan in peace. I was interested to gauge the reaction of you Everton fans and its similar to ours. A few of us are questioning the Leicester argument in that they were not under the Premier League jurisdiction last season. Forest served two of the three years we were measured on in The Championship so there doesn’t seem to be any kind of parity. I know your case is a bit different with consistently playing in the top flight but this Leicester loophole really isn’t a good look for the Premier League.
Which brings me to Leeds. Had they kept their squad together this summer they would have walked the Championship. But they sold off their best assets due to a fear of going up and being punished for breaking FFP.
The whole thing is a mess and we can both count our lucky stars we didn’t go down last season, particularly with your double punishment.
As @Neiler said, you can't have rules in place that 5 teams are exempt from for any reason. Any team that wasn't in the league for a period in the last 3 years are now exempt.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back