6 + 2 Point Deductions

I don’t think today’s ruling goes that far.

Basically all it states is that the league you are in on the final day of your accounts is the one that can bring the charges. In most cases that will be the “new” league as most clubs FY end is June 30.

So for example Leicester were a PL club again on June 30 2024 so could be charged by the PL for the three year period up to that date. I don’t think Leicester get to have it both ways.

They could still get a deduction this season (as could all 20 clubs).

I'm not sure how they could get a deduction of part of the period was spent outside of the PL.

Well.....this is awkward...

So this is what the sport we all grew up loving has come to. Who has the best lawyers? I don't think it'll save us from relegation but as a lot of you have said the inconsistencies make a mockery of the rules and the likes of Everton have every right to be upset

Sorry fellas

It's not your fault at all mate, and no need for apologies. It's the PL, who have failed.

Same as Forest did. Don’t think today’s ruling changes that. It’s just about WHEN the jurisdiction changes not a fundamental change to any other rules.

This appeal seems to establish if part of the process is outside of the PL, it couldn't be counted.

As an aside, I would posit that Forest have an open goal legal case to sue the PL here.

I don’t think today’s ruling goes that far.

Basically all it states is that the league you are in on the final day of your accounts is the one that can bring the charges. In most cases that will be the “new” league as most clubs FY end is June 30.

So for example Leicester were a PL club again on June 30 2024 so could be charged by the PL for the three year period up to that date. I don’t think Leicester get to have it both ways.

They could still get a deduction this season (as could all 20 clubs).

Their breach was for the cycle up to June 23. The same cycle we were in breach of and received a 8 point deduction. They were a PL club for all that cycle.

The PL didn’t have jurisdiction to do anything in the 23/24 in the EFL and commission ruled today, they don’t have any jurisdiction to do anything 24/25.

Conversely a separate EFL commission found that the EFL didn’t have jurisdiction to look for a business plan from them last Spring.

Essentially and clearly means that the rules can’t be applied for all those competing, amongst the 20 PL clubs and the Championship.

If a precedent has been set that the PL don’t have Jurisdiction over the EFL how can it apply EFL PSR thresholds in the PL.

It even calls into question the integrity of the EFL - if I was getting relegated - I’d spend a fortune from May - June 30th and make sure I came straight back up - absolutely no consequences.

If I was Burnley and Leeds I’d be dropping 150 mill in the championship in Jan to make sure I came up with no consequence.

Essentially it’s one rule for one competing club and different rules for other competing clubs,

Last edited:
Their breach was for the cycle up to June 23. The same cycle we were in breach of and received a 8 point deduction. They were a PL club for all that cycle.

The PL didn’t have jurisdiction to do anything in the 23/24 in the EFL and commission ruled today, they don’t have any jurisdiction to do anything 24/25.

Conversely a separate EFL commission found that the EFL didn’t have jurisdiction to look for a business plan from them last Spring.

Essentially and clearly means that the rules can’t be applied for all those competing, amongst the 20 PL clubs and the Championship.

If a precedent has been set that the PL don’t have Jurisdiction over the EFL how can it apply EFL PSR thresholds in the PL.

It even calls into question the integrity of the EFL - if I was getting relegated - I’d spend a fortune from May - June 30th and make sure I came straight back up - absolutely no consequences.

If I was Burnley and Leeds I’d be dropping 150 mill in the championship in Jan to make sure I came up with no consequence.

Essentially it’s one rule for one competing club and different rules for other competing clubs,

And any promoted team, doing what you want..

And look, if your City/Chelsea you might even take relegation, as it means you can then have 4 years where you essentially spend whatever you like with no cummopence.

I saw someone say the PL have 2 options. Either discard PSR, or impose a sanction and dare Leicester to take them to court.

Option 2 would not work, as Leicester would win at court, but it would kick the can down the road.

Just to add, Leeds were selling players, on the proviso that they needed to do so to be compliant. That was false information as per this judgement. They didn't need to do so. So look, there are legal ramifications all over the place.

And any promoted team, doing what you want..

And look, if your City/Chelsea you might even take relegation, as it means you can then have 4 years where you essentially spend whatever you like with no cummopence.

I saw someone say the PL have 2 options. Either discard PSR, or impose a sanction and dare Leicester to take them to court.

Option 2 would not work, as Leicester would win at court, but it would kick the can down the road.
they'll take the easy option leaving us and forest as th only ones punished and no one else apart from us and forest fans will care so it wont even make the news

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back