6 + 2 Point Deductions

Their breach was for the cycle up to June 23. The same cycle we were in breach of and received a 8 point deduction. They were a PL club for all that cycle.

The PL didn’t have jurisdiction to do anything in the 23/24 in the EFL and commission ruled today, they don’t have any jurisdiction to do anything 24/25.

Conversely a separate EFL commission found that the EFL didn’t have jurisdiction to look for a business plan from them last Spring.

Essentially and clearly means that the rules can’t be applied for all those competing, amongst the 20 PL clubs and the Championship.

If a precedent has been set that the PL don’t have Jurisdiction over the EFL how can it apply EFL PSR thresholds in the PL.

It even calls into question the integrity of the EFL - if I was getting relegated - I’d spend a fortune from May - June 30th and make sure I came straight back up - absolutely no consequences.

If I was Burnley and Leeds I’d be dropping 150 mill in the championship in Jan to make sure I came up with no consequence.

Essentially it’s one rule for one competing club and different rules for other competing clubs,
Nope, EFL Rules changed this summer in the wake of the Leicester debacle.

Clubs entering the Championship from either end have to submit loads of info by 30th June ahead of the upcoming season. In the EFL Handbook.

The EFL despite Leicester wanting them to lift the Embargo in Spring 2024 at a Heading as it was premature, they didn't lift it- that being for the Forecast Breach to June 2024.

They also reportedly passed on the Leicester 2024 case to the PL as the Rules allow where they are aligned.

I'm going to have to seek out a full breakdown tomorrow, I'm not particularly fussed Leicester aren't getting done, it's a horrible thing to go through. That said, it just shows how much we contempt we are held in. I'm also angry with the clowns at the club as it'll take some convincing for me now that we couldn't have had a better appeal.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.