6 + 2 Point Deductions

And to think we had people here calling him a Top Shagger etc.

Erm...

Screenshot_20240904_101132_Chrome.jpg

So Leicester get a lawyer in to find a loophole to get everything thrown out.

We got a lawyer in (super silk) and graciously thank the premier league for a 6 point deduction.

We are a proper shambles aren’t we.

Not really. Like I said before, we were the first to go through so everyone else took the lead. Even Forest spent more time name checking us as a club than defending themselves. They could've used the same excuse as Leicester if it was that obvious.

We did go back with mitigation which by and large was a opinion judgement by the IC than anything tangible. The war in Ukraine and Player X were both tossed out initially cos in their OPINION we should've done something different. Nothing to do with cast iron rules.

Then you've got to take into consideration that change in positioning by the PL and the new timeframes. After they wanted 18 points off us (don't forget), their appetite got smaller while the lawyers saw a blueprint - see Forest, see Leicester...City will walk away.

It was and always will be a PR stunt to stop an independent ruling body. We we're the canary in the coal mine. To make sense of it all isn't the point.

Last edited:
This is going to be another season of ‘they want us gone’ I am more convinced of this now. We have survived and given them 2 fingers everytime yet we have started the season poor, we are bottom, we have just thrown away a 2-0 less with 6 minutes left, now Leicester don’t get a points deduction, if anything I half expect us to now get another points deduction.

We have to start winning some games. We have to. If we are hit with another deduction then we are screwed, however it’s our last season at Goodison, maybe this is written in the stars, the last season and we get relegated. We would represent some success if we left Goodison and moved to that lovely new stadium as a premier league team, we would also have some more money to spend, they will do everything they can to get us gone this season, just watch.

We got a lawyer in (super silk) and graciously thank the premier league for a 6 point deduction.

Perhaps we should look at the actual details and not the headlines before allocating blame and judgement.

By all accounts we hired a top lawyer.

Whilst the EPL and Masters have clear bias, it is the independent panel that have ruled on this. By the sounds of things, Masters is disappointed that he never got to hit another none top 6 side with a deduction.

Burnham was correct in that the league threw together some rules without clear thought due to the threat of independent regs.

Its why clubs like Leicester & Chelsea have been able to exploit loopholes so easily.

PSR needs to be done away with and a transfer cap across the board introduced in partnership with the EFL.

Don't really see the point you're making, tbh. They've exploited a loophole that was not possible for us to exploit.

As for Leicester, well, I wouldn't be surprised to see them now punished for something relating to not upholding the spirit of the game, or lack of respect for fairness, or such. i'm sure there's rules that cover it. No laughing at the back, hear me out...

Whether you agree with and/or like the PSR rules, they are, or have been the rules of the game. Leicester have basically stuck a finger up and said 'we're having different rules.'

Just last year, they were arguing with the EFL, telling them that they 'can't touch us' because it happened on the Premier League's watch. So which way do they want it?

They are basically sticking a finger up to the rules of the game, the rules that some of us have already been punished for. It's disgraceful. imo, and much more akin to cheating than anything we've ever done.

Don't really see the point you're making, tbh. They've exploited a loophole that was not possible for us to exploit.

As for Leicester, well, I wouldn't be surprised to see them now punished for something relating to not upholding the spirit of the game, or lack of respect for fairness, or such. i'm sure there's rules that cover it. No laughing at the back, hear me out...

Whether you agree with and/or like the PSR rules, they are, or have been the rules of the game. Leicester have basically stuck a finger up and said 'we're having different rules.'

Just last year, they were arguing with the EFL, telling them that they 'can't touch us' because it happened on the Premier League's watch. So which way do they want it?

They are basically sticking a finger up to the rules of the game, the rules that some of us have already punished for. It's disgraceful. imo, and much more akin to cheating than anything we've ever done.

Exactly. The two leagues left it to each other.

They've clearly breached. But for some reason none of the leagues have punished them which screams more about an agenda than being "clever"

I see the Leicester rumbling is in full flow, but has this been upped yet? A dig at litte Dicky.

Sign the petiton here (below)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.