6 + 2 Point Deductions

I also think Leicester took a punt with that defence and got away with it. No way we're they thinking the IC would say "yeah, you're right. No points"
Yeah I don’t think it’s particularly genius lawyering or something our lawyers couldn’t have come up with: its not a super technical loophole, it’s inaccurate drafting and fairly easy to spot that Leicester weren’t an EPL club at the end of the FY and think maybe that’s something we can try.

Think it’s more that they were bang to rights on all other things and really had no other arguments and thought “well we might as well…..” and got the highly literal appeal panel they needed to win.

So Leicester get a lawyer in to find a loophole to get everything thrown out.

We got a lawyer in (super silk) and graciously thank the premier league for a 6 point deduction.

We are a proper shambles aren’t we.
As always we were stupid enough to try and fight within the rules the PL set instead of trying to challenge whether they were legal in the first place!

Why am I not surprised, they've stitched us and Forest up and now laying the groundwork for City to get away on technicalities now no doubt. I hate this league.

This is going to be another season of ‘they want us gone’ I am more convinced of this now. We have survived and given them 2 fingers everytime yet we have started the season poor, we are bottom, we have just thrown away a 2-0 less with 6 minutes left, now Leicester don’t get a points deduction, if anything I half expect us to now get another points deduction.

We have to start winning some games. We have to. If we are hit with another deduction then we are screwed, however it’s our last season at Goodison, maybe this is written in the stars, the last season and we get relegated. We would represent some success if we left Goodison and moved to that lovely new stadium as a premier league team, we would also have some more money to spend, they will do everything they can to get us gone this season, just watch.
That all seems too "conspiracy theory". I think Masters and the PL enjoyed singling us out initially but I don't think they have some hatred for EFC as a club.

I just think other than our ability to survive relegation (so far), we are an extremely unlucky Football Club.

Even with things like Champions League Qualification. The season we came 4th we had to go in to a qualifier, playing Villarreal of all teams who ended up getting to the Semi Final of the Main Competition. Yet Newcastle and Villa come 4th and just walk in to the Main Competition. Villa get 8 fixtures as well for their fans to enjoy.

That all seems too "conspiracy theory". I think Masters and the PL enjoyed singling us out initially but I don't think they have some hatred for EFC as a club.

I just think other than our ability to survive relegation (so far), we are an extremely unlucky Football Club.

Even with things like Champions League Qualification. The season we came 4th we had to go in to a qualifier, playing Villarreal of all teams who ended up getting to the Semi Final of the Main Competition. Yet Newcastle and Villa come 4th and just walk in to the Main Competition. Villa get 8 fixtures as well for their fans to enjoy.
We are cursed, simple as.

We all called it for what it was.

Corruption etc was perhaps misunderstood elsewhere as just a reactive, angry fanbase lashing out.

It was clear as day a self interest, PL, cobbled together nonsense 'rules' which were never fit for purpose and had zero consistency - all just to fend of government regulation appetite after the super league threat.

Everton were the sacrifice for that European Super League.

Big enough for people to take note.

Soft arse dopey club enough to take it on the chin.

Even own fans knew how bad the owners were.

Spot on

We all called it for what it was.

Corruption etc was perhaps misunderstood elsewhere as just a reactive, angry fanbase lashing out.

It was clear as day a self interest, PL, cobbled together nonsense 'rules' which were never fit for purpose and had zero consistency - all just to fend of government regulation appetite after the super league threat.

Everton were the sacrifice for that European Super League.

Big enough for people to take note.

Soft arse dopey club enough to take it on the chin.

Even own fans knew how bad the owners were.
This is why Carragher's piece in The Telegraph was nonsense. Was going on about us saying that the fans need appreciate it's not just the fact that the PL are a disgrace in what they've done/are doing, but Everton fans also need to look to their owner and board for getting them there in the first place - as if people weren't protesting before every home game throughout 21/22 & 22/23 over that exact thing: the owner & board!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back