6 + 2 Point Deductions

IF points are going to be rescinded, it needs to be done ASAP otherwise there is going to be an almighty ruckus come, say, late March or April and suddenly we are given back some or all the deducted points. Teams that thought they were safe would be dragged back in to the relegation scrap.

What a mess … and a farce
Said this as soon as we appealed. Has to be before the transfer window really. Its currently worth Burnley/Sheffield United buying a couple of £20m players on relegation clauses, one of them might get above us if we can’t spend and get injuries.

If we were to get some points back, good vibes are back in the squad and we end up 8 points ahead of them by the window, they will/should defo save their money and plan how to spend their parachute payments. Huge knock on effect if this drags on. None of it our fault before they try to blame us.

If (big IF) I had bothered to read the report, and had a cursory awareness of previous punishments, there is no other conclusion possible other than it being entirely arbitrary and harsh. But some punishment is warranted.

Most fans when it comes down to it can see through the “noise”. Same as there has been total agreement that Wolves have been properly shafted out of about 6 points already this season. If they get dragged into danger it’s disgusting.

Reading the BBC comments section just highlights that fans of other clubs haven’t read the report or studied the facts. Which is totally understandable and would be a bit weird if they all had.
Exactly. So the survey is complete horse poo. Click bait. Headline grabbing rubbish.

I'd wager a bet that no-one has even read the report that took part in that poll.

You have to introduce bias to those results, tbh id vote for the thing that offered an advantage to my own club.
The fact that football fans only care about bad things that happen to their own club and generally enjoy bad things happening to other clubs means 46% saying our punishment is harsh is actually a pretty remarkable and emphatic number.

Wish theyd hurry up and make a decision on the new takeover and the 10 point final decision is asap and not dragged on and on. Knowing us, both will be a depressing disaster just in time for Xmas :D

Mikey Gow has done a detailed breakdown of some of the possible avenues Everton can take in their appeal.

You don't have to sign up to view it if you don't want - just press the 'not right now' option. Of course if you do want to sign up, please do! Lot's of great stuff on the More Than A Game substack!

I would be made up if the 12 or so clubs who are not protected by the PL's cloak of unimpeachability started a concerted campaign of protests. Hopefully it would lead to the scab 6 going off to join a European Super League and the PL kicked right between the legs when they realise they are left with the clubs that they have discriminated against. They can take their pick then, eat humble pie, or, fold and leave the 14 remaining PL clubs to rejoin the EFL. That would be my preferred option.

IF points are going to be rescinded, it needs to be done ASAP otherwise there is going to be an almighty ruckus come, say, late March or April and suddenly we are given back some or all the deducted points. Teams that thought they were safe would be dragged back in to the relegation scrap.

What a mess … and a farce
that’s why i think theyl be no reduction they probably can’t be arsed with the messing round to the table

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back