Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are the only ones with their hat in the ring because of the FFP case. Nobody can really negotiate a deal whilst the result of that is still unkown, no proper business man would anyway. I fully expect more interest from other parties, especially if we escape lightly. Daft do show your hand now.
I know I go on, but no proper business people is buying the club in its current state and I dont mean the FFP case.

Its just not viable for anybody who values their investment.

It is bad news. But it is more about a company's ability to meet/raise debt than paying out claims. A *** rated company will pay less interest than a ** one. But I doubt this mob is anywhere near **. In a bad way.

They are one and the same for insurance companies. Both their customers and their lenders need to be aware of their ability to pay claims and stay solvent.

I know I go on, but no proper business people is buying the club in its current state and I dont mean the FFP case.

It is though. Like I cant afford it, but if I could, like in the early years of the PL, some folks got it. IF we remain a PL club, £1b all in today could be £3b in not that many years. That said, Moshiri wants out, so what do I know?

It is though. Like I cant afford it, but if I could, like in the early years of the PL, some folks got it. IF we remain a PL club, £1b all in today could be £3b in not that many years. That said, Moshiri wants out, so what do I know?

Yes, that is how it should be viewed. It's a capital investment, it likely won't throw off much cash but when you sell you'll make the profit.

There are only certain clubs/teams that can have both, United being one of them.

They are one and the same for insurance companies. Both their customers and their lenders need to be aware of their ability to pay claims and stay solvent.

Its Tomato and Tomato aint it? Equitable Life were *** until pretty much they realised they couldnt meet their commitments. Not claims, promises on growth rates.

Mosh wants out cos he has no more money hes willing to waste.

1billion, for a pretty dead Premier League Club? Newcastle was sold for 300m just 12months ago, debt free and with a bigger stadium.

Its a terrible investment.

The smart people will wait until the Stadium is built, at the very least.

But at that point, its already too late, 777 will only make things worse, so, so very worse.

This is the perfect time to buy.
The potential of the new ground is still not realised and all the other areas of bad news has the buying price on the floor.

Mosh wants out cos he has no more money hes willing to waste.

1billion, for a pretty dead Premier League Club? Newcastle was sold for 300m just 12months ago, debt free and with a bigger stadium.

Its a terrible investment.

The smart people will wait until the Stadium is built, at the very least.

But at that point, its already too late, 777 will only make things worse, so, so very worse.

I am a tragic dreamer mate.

I can see the EFC package being attractive, if (very) expensive.

Its Tomato and Tomato aint it? Equitable Life were *** until pretty much they realised they couldnt meet their commitments. Not claims, promises on growth rates.
I’m just saying they get squeezed from both sides, it can affect their borrowing costs but it also affects their ability to go out and write business.

If I’m buying groceries I don’t particularly care if the supermarket chain is solvent. If I’m insuring my house, it’s pretty high on the list.

When I shop my commercial lines our broker always puts the ratings of each insurer in the quote. We tend to eliminate anyone below a certain rating.

I’m just saying they get squeezed from both sides, it can affect their borrowing costs but it also affects their ability to go out and write business.

If I’m buying groceries I don’t particularly care if the supermarket chain is solvent. If I’m insuring my house, it’s pretty high on the list.

When I shop my commercial lines our broker always puts the ratings of each insurer in the quote. We tend to eliminate anyone below a certain rating.

I think we are violently agreeing with each other mate! Either way, any down grade by the ratings agencies is not good news.

We seem to be on a similar wavelength re this issue, however i genuinely feel there will be other parties watching this play out before they break cover, I think it's almost impossible for that not to be the case.
The FFP outcome especially with the 12 point horror scenario punted by no marks in the press is a big issue when spending this sort of money I'd assume.
Playing like we did last year and the season before 12 points would have seen us well down, still could possibly, that surely must knock millions of our stock value, how could serious bidders bid without knowing the outcome?
All I think is if we get off decently lightly, are mid table and BMD becoming more of a stadium daily others will then show an interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back