Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think these guys would bat an eyelid at asset stripping our players.
First bid of 30 million for branthwaite and I'll bet they sell.

I don't pretend to know anything about their business, but a credit rating downgrade for an insurance company is a pretty big deal. An insurance company only survives if their ability to pay claims is not in question.

It may have nothing to do with the bid but frankly it's just another red flag on top of many others.
Well if they do own a materially large insurance company, they are supposed to
Hold reserves back out of their premia collected.

There have been many examples of firms ‘investing’ the premia in risky assets, losing it and the insurer fails. Also quite illegal.

Premier league football club ownership is still a rare commodity, valuations have rocketed in the past 10-15 year and there's nothing to suggest this won't continue.
Fenway could make a ten-fold profit on the RS if they wanted, City are touted to be worth £4bn after being bought 15 year ago for £200m, Roman sold Chelsea for £4bn after buying for £140m in early 2000s, Kroenke supposedly knocked back £2bn from that Spotify swede a few years back.
Even Newcastle, who were relegated multiple times under Ashley, doubled in value under his ownership and the Saudis got the club for a song as Ashley needed out.
We were and still are a brilliant proposition for any investor with big pockets and the right business savvy in the football world to make money on.
We won't guarantee any level of success, but the new stadium even with the black hole needing funded, the fact we will more than likely be a PL team for the foreseeable with 50k+ per fortnight paying customers, and the continual increase in broadcasting revenues makes us a brilliant opportunity at the right price. The potential owners though will likely have zero affiliation with the city or the club at present so they would be stupid to put their heads above the line and put offers on the table without knowing what happens in the very short term.
A midtable finish and no great restrictions put on us from the legal issues and they will come out.
The big problem with that though is we are completely screwed for cashflow and need investment immediately.

Premier league football club ownership is still a rare commodity, valuations have rocketed in the past 10-15 year and there's nothing to suggest this won't continue.
Fenway could make a ten-fold profit on the RS if they wanted, City are touted to be worth £4bn after being bought 15 year ago for £200m, Roman sold Chelsea for £4bn after buying for £140m in early 2000s, Kroenke supposedly knocked back £2bn from that Spotify swede a few years back.
Even Newcastle, who were relegated multiple times under Ashley, doubled in value under his ownership and the Saudis got the club for a song as Ashley needed out.
We were and still are a brilliant proposition for any investor with big pockets and the right business savvy in the football world to make money on.
We won't guarantee any level of success, but the new stadium even with the black hole needing funded, the fact we will more than likely be a PL team for the foreseeable with 50k+ per fortnight paying customers, and the continual increase in broadcasting revenues makes us a brilliant opportunity at the right price. The potential owners though will likely have zero affiliation with the city or the club at present so they would be stupid to put their heads above the line and put offers on the table without knowing what happens in the very short term.
A midtable finish and no great restrictions put on us from the legal issues and they will come out.
The big problem with that though is we are completely screwed for cashflow and need investment immediately.
I don't think it matters how big or deep an investors pockets are, Newcastle bought well and will still have to tighten up.. 71 million loss in the first year since their take over. Last summer they spent 108 million more on transfers than they sold which will be next years accounts.
Their owners have some of the deepest pockets in football and will be hamstrung by regulations soon.

Honestly don't think they have the necessary cash to get us to the next level.

:(

That's always been the cash.

Anyone who still thinks it's gonna be "new owners, new money" need to adjust their expectations.

They take over, we get ran as a business rather than drunk feller with his bank card at X in the City and not being able to afford it.

This doesn't include putting money into the squad.

That's always been the cash.

Anyone who still thinks it's gonna be "new owners, new money" need to adjust their expectations.

They take over, we get ran as a business rather than drunk feller with his bank card at X in the City and not being able to afford it.

This doesn't include putting money into the squad.
It will involve plenty of money leaving the club tho.

That we can be sure.

The longer it takes the more I doubt it in all seriousness. Just like the FFP case. The longer that takes the more I doubt we will receive any punishment.
I dunno mate, we were told weeks/months and it was implied around Xmas we would know more.

I dont think its taking long, personally.

The pace these orgs take to do things is painful, they are highly paid people who seem to take 2 months to do things that surely should take no longer than a few hours. Baffling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back