Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any specific reason to think it won’t go ahead?

They’ve successfully bought several clubs already, no?
They need to prove they have the financial wherewithal to not only buy but, run the club too.

And right now, they haven’t provided anything like sufficient evidence thereof… meanwhile the evidence suggesting they haven’t got anything like the required wherewithal keeps on piling up.

Sooner or later, the FCA have to ask some very, very serious questions and demand categorical proof of finances.

Dunno me mate. But, glass half full, it would not surprise me. If that is a white knight, or someone sitting behind the fruit machines, I have no idea.
giphy.gif

I dunno mate, we were told weeks/months and it was implied around Xmas we would know more.

I dont think its taking long, personally.

The pace these orgs take to do things is painful, they are highly paid people who seem to take 2 months to do things that surely should take no longer than a few hours. Baffling.
Yeah. My take is they are trying their darndest to please everyone so they want to take a tough stance but know it will be appealed right away and overturned. The biggest issue in this whole situation is the league was complicit in our finances. If they weren’t, we would have probably been punished ages ago. City being involved makes it even harder.

I don't think it matters how big or deep an investors pockets are, Newcastle bought well and will still have to tighten up.. 71 million loss in the first year since their take over. Last summer they spent 108 million more on transfers than they sold which will be next years accounts.
Their owners have some of the deepest pockets in football and will be hamstrung by regulations soon.
Yeah i get that, but as a business proposition a PL club is an ever increasing asset, especially as the bigger more successful ones are not available.

I dunno mate, we were told weeks/months and it was implied around Xmas we would know more.

I dont think its taking long, personally.

The pace these orgs take to do things is painful, they are highly paid people who seem to take 2 months to do things that surely should take no longer than a few hours. Baffling.
It’s not taking that long in terms of how these things go, especially with the regulatory hurdles, something out of both parties’ control.

I too think the deal is unlikely to be killed, regardless of their cash position or surrounding circumstances.

They need to prove they have the financial wherewithal to not only buy but, run the club too.

And right now, they haven’t provided anything like sufficient evidence thereof… meanwhile the evidence suggesting they haven’t got anything like the required wherewithal keeps on piling up.

Sooner or later, the FCA have to ask some very, very serious questions and demand categorical proof of finances.
Let’s be honest, we don’t know what evidence they have or have not presented

We can debate this all day but this sale will go ahead.
The "Authorities" can't wait to see the back of Moshiri and moreso his big cuddly mate.

This will not be vetoed by the Premier League or the FA.

I don't think it matters how big or deep an investors pockets are, Newcastle bought well and will still have to tighten up.. 71 million loss in the first year since their take over. Last summer they spent 108 million more on transfers than they sold which will be next years accounts.
Their owners have some of the deepest pockets in football and will be hamstrung by regulations soon.
Doubt it, once SJP becomes The Aramco Stadium @£30m per year and The Al Rajhi Bank* goes on their shirts for £20m per year, not to mention the like of Nike or whoever sweetening up their kit deal for favour in the Kingdom their P&S position will soon change.
*they may even open a Newcastle branch called Arl Radgie Bank.

We can debate this all day but this sale will go ahead.
The "Authorities" can't wait to see the back of Moshiri and moreso his big cuddly mate.

This will not be vetoed by the Premier League or the FA.

There is significant worry within football of the ability for 777 to pay football liabilities

There is significant worry within football of the ability for 777 to pay football liabilities
Ah bless, as if anybody within football cares if 777 has the ability to pay Evertons football liabilities.

Yes, they care about THEIR liabilities, but dont forget, for every club we owe money to, theres another club who owes us money.

They dont care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back