Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
In what universe can these people pass the good and proper owner test?
Think about it this way. The Premier League is run exclusively by the clubs, which means the owners. Shady creatures buy clubs too. If the present owners exclude some prospective future owners, this reduces the number of bidders and drives down prices. All of their clubs become worth less money.

The owners' best play is to pass a fig leaf regulation, then wink at it. The only people with a vote at the table are the same people who will suffer financial harm if they get serious about who they let into the owners' club.

It's more about when using the calculation for leveraging a buy out.

Let's take the Forbes £600mill valuation then.

Leveraged buy outs are capped at a rumoured 65% of the clubs value.

777 would need under £400mill to hit the cap which is debt straight on the club.

It's a bit odd why Moshiri can't find multiple investors at £200mill a pop and give them 30% each.

Is this actually real now? Took all the recent talks with a pinch of salt, at most thought it was going to be investment for a minor stake or something. Is Mosh really selling up?

Can't see this happening. The MSP £100m loan has been confirmed now for the stadium. I'm sure they'd have something to say about 777 getting involved as well as R&M.

Just to turn this dialogue round a bit ,
Can anyone provide solid reasons why 777 would be good for us ?
I mean either through the owners , mission statements , how they see the future of football ,the influence they have exerted on clubs they already own or have an interest in?
Because so far everything I have read or observed concerning them is overwhelmingly negative.
I’m open to hearing any positive opinions anyone may have on them.

We don't want someone with drug connections, a history of unpaid bills and very questionable business arrangements with subsidiaries running our club.

Hard as it may be to believe, there are worse owners than Moshiri. He's incompetent, but at least he backed his incompetence with his own money for a good long while. What fans here want is what fans at any club want: owners who understand that they will come out ahead in this environment if they invest in a well-run club.

Admittedly, there aren't enough of those to go around in world football, or in most sports. Petrodollars are flowing into football because oil-producing countries understand they need to diversify. That's driving up prices overall, which is great for existing owners like the Glazers and Kroenke, but not so good for prospective owners. Current spending regulations also mean that a club like West Ham with revenue, little in the way of debt and a sweetheart lease is a lot more attractive for the sort of owner that's a good 'un than we are.

So we're dealing with lizards. A serious prospective owner would wait for a club with more short-run potential to become available, and the sort of investor coalitions that used to buy entire clubs now buy minority stakes in clubs like the RS instead. The short version is that we had our chance, mismanaged it and are now paying the price.
Speak for yourself mate.

Let's take the Forbes £600mill valuation then.

Leveraged buy outs are capped at a rumoured 65% of the clubs value.

777 would need under £400mill to hit the cap which is debt straight on the club.
With the question being where the other two hundred million pounds comes from. As best we can tell as outside observers, they don't have it. I suppose they could sell a portion of their ownership stake in 777, but that would be weird. Doing that makes it harder to come out ahead on asset stripping.

Can't see this happening. The MSP £100m loan has been confirmed now for the stadium. I'm sure they'd have something to say about 777 getting involved as well as R&M.
One possible saving grace is that the R&M documents that are public are written in interesting and non-standard ways that, at least to my eye, permit them to veto major decisions they feel are not in the interest of the club. If I'm reading the terms right (I'm not an English solicitor, so I don't know how enforceable those clauses are in court), I would expect them to kill a sale to 777 with fire.

This is what leads to speculation that this is a smokescreen that has been leaked on the club's side to nudge alternative prospective investors into action.

It does seem odd to me that MSP would want to end up being owed money by 777. I don’t know why they didn’t just walk away entirely. Given that they seem to have forged links with Bell & Downing I don’t think you can rule out an attempt at full control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back