Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
In what universe can these people pass the good and proper owner test?

Could the argument be that if they have/ do pass the test, the noise/ narrative of them being dodgy be dispelled?

Yes I know Newcastle’s owners have passed it, but if rumours are to be believed that the tests are now more strict, and these lot pass it, perhaps they aren’t as bad as being made out?

Yes I’m clutching straws

With the question being where the other two hundred million pounds comes from. As best we can tell as outside observers, they don't have it. I suppose they could sell a portion of their ownership stake in 777, but that would be weird. Doing that makes it harder to come out ahead on asset stripping.

One possible saving grace is that the R&M documents that are public are written in interesting and non-standard ways that, at least to my eye, permit them to veto major decisions they feel are not in the interest of the club. If I'm reading the terms right (I'm not an English solicitor, so I don't know how enforceable those clauses are in court), I would expect them to kill a sale to 777 with fire.

This is what leads to speculation that this is a smokescreen that has been leaked on the club's side to nudge alternative prospective investors into action.

They won't have £600mill. Not a chance.

Moshiri would still have 35% (give or take a few percent) share.

If it's true, that's how I can see it being played out. 777 with a majority share on a leveraged buy out. Moshiri holds the rest.

Stadium guests built. Value goes up. Moshiri sells the remaining shares for more.

They won't have £600mill. Not a chance.

Moshiri would still have 35% (give or take a few percent) share.

If it's true, that's how I can see it being played out. 777 with a majority share on a leveraged buy out. Moshiri holds the rest.

Stadium guests built. Value goes up. Moshiri sells the remaining shares for more.

so it’s not a total buy out? i’m confused

if they are skint why we are selling?

and how do they fund it?

Let's take the Forbes £600mill valuation then.

Leveraged buy outs are capped at a rumoured 65% of the clubs value.

777 would need under £400mill to hit the cap which is debt straight on the club.

It's a bit odd why Moshiri can't find multiple investors at £200mill a pop and give them 30% each.
Because of Kenwright’s buddies at R&M, they blocked MSP taking 25% because of the £200m loan they want paying fully

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back