Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pahaha! "planted the story". Sure, sure. I have zero doubt the infinitely wealthy Qatari royal family will be running over hot coals to snap up some circling-the-drain tinpot football club that has zero international relevance because they haven't got United yet. Bit like saying if Margot Robbie doesn't get back to me by tea time tommorow I'm running away with Anne Widdecombe.
Stange way to talk about the club you support...or does your allegiance lie elsewhere?

Im more inclined to think that the missing transfer money was either used to pay interest on our external debt or to go towards the Stadium fund.

I was led to believe that Owners are not allowed to take money out of the clubs they own, but its possible he could "call in a loan", but that seems unlikely to me.
Don’t the glazers take plenty out of Man Utd

Moshiri would be lucky to sell for 150 million.

Defo in my opinion mate, that MSP deal, he was taking them to the cleaners.

Even at £150 mill it values Everton at £700 mill, sorry you’d want to be off your bin spending/taking on £700 mill to buy this skip fire.

It’s why 777 are circling, they may be able to raise £150 mill in finance - agree to take on the debt, then just asset strip to meet debt repayment as required, improving our debt position, thus their equity, overall the asset appreciates, we get worse they get rich.

They will have no problem getting £120 mill next summer selling Beto and Onana.

F52xZb0WkAAgzQM

Don’t the glazers take plenty out of Man Utd
Yes, they do.

They take it in the form of dividends, so I was wrong, owners can indeed take what they want, I thought they did it a different way, like paid themselves a huge wage, which is the same thing, I was wrong, is the over-riding message here.

The controversial dividends have been paid since 2015. In the last financial year, £33.6m was paid in dividends - mainly to the Glazer family. United are the only Premier League club to pay a dividend, which has been one source of anger among the club's fans.

Yes, they do.

They take it in the form of dividends, so I was wrong, owners can indeed take what they want, I thought they did it a different way, like paid themselves a huge wage, which is the same thing, I was wrong, is the over-riding message here.

The controversial dividends have been paid since 2015. In the last financial year, £33.6m was paid in dividends - mainly to the Glazer family. United are the only Premier League club to pay a dividend, which has been one source of anger among the club's fans.
Salary, dividends, interest, all subject to any outside lending covenants.

Stange way to talk about the club you support...or does your allegiance lie elsewhere?
It's called factual, objective, honest assessment of reality - or are you suggesting I'm a rival fan secret agent because I simply acknowledge the cold hard fact comparing Manchester United FC to Everton FC is utterly ridiculous?!?

One is a global brand, one of the biggest most successful football clubs on the face of the earth, with fans in every country (if not every city give or take) around the world; not to mention a commercial and coporate powerhouse. The other is not. The other is a random club from the "not-Sky-favourites", "not-Big-Six", "make-up-the-numbers" rest that is utterly interchangeable with a dozen other teams and therefore nowhere near as relevant in sporting terms or business terms. Like it or not, we're closer to a Norwich or Fulham or Leeds in than we are a Man Utd. There's the "Big Six" and everyone else.

Or do you honestly think some sheikh from some Middle Eastern state who wants a sports washing project honestly gives two fvcks about what a trophyless club did 40 years ago? Do you legit believe kids kicking a ball around in the sand half a world away pretend to be Lee Carsley and Tony Hibbert, or are they wearing shirts with Beckham and Ronaldo on the back? 100m people aren't getting up at 2am on the other side of the world to watch Everton v Fulham. They are for Untied v Liverpool or Arsenal v Chelsea. We've a long way to go to get to that. Pointing it out doesn't make me 'not a supporter'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back