2023/24 Abdoulaye Doucoure

If I understand what you’re saying I’m afraid that’s hogwash. About time the fella got some credit.
He missed a 1v1 with the keeper as if he's never touched a ball, then shortly after his fantastic finish (from 2 yards out) should've controlled a ball to put himself through for another 1v1 but instead forgot how his legs work and skied it out somehow. Truly the Doucoure experience.

I get it lads, he scores goals through sheer will and workrate, but to say he's average as a footballer, not a runner, would be a massive compliment. We also have no idea how to play when he's not playing which shows this is bizarrely exactly what Dyche wants - someone to run, not to play ball.

Always been a grafter for us and popped up with some crucial goals and performances when the chips were down, but he can be infuriating at times and you would think he had never kicked a ball before.

He’s an undervalued player for us by many blues because he is a very limited footballer.

Dyche has got him going to be fair.

Of course I would love to see players like David silva, Madison, modric or de bruyne in Everton’s midfield in the future but we are where we are now and Doucs does an effective job for the side.

He missed a 1v1 with the keeper as if he's never touched a ball, then shortly after his fantastic finish (from 2 yards out) should've controlled a ball to put himself through for another 1v1 but instead forgot how his legs work and skied it out somehow. Truly the Doucoure experience.

I get it lads, he scores goals through sheer will and workrate, but to say he's average as a footballer, not a runner, would be a massive compliment. We also have no idea how to play when he's not playing which shows this is bizarrely exactly what Dyche wants - someone to run, not to play ball.
He’s virtually the only player who knows which spaces in the box to be in. His pressing, which is constant for every minute of the game, creates mistakes in the opposition and ergo opportunities for us. Garner aside we have very, very little creativity in the team so we have to rely on how Doucs plays to generate chances. He’s clearly not the most technically gifted player but a team full of those would win sweet FA. Every team needs a water carrier.....we’re lucky that ours has goals in him. In our predicament over the last few seasons substance over style has been critical.

He’s virtually the only player who knows which spaces in the box to be in. His pressing, which is constant for every minute of the game, creates mistakes in the opposition and ergo opportunities for us. Garner aside we have very, very little creativity in the team so we have to rely on how Doucs plays to generate chances. He’s clearly not the most technically gifted player but a team full of those would win sweet FA. Every team needs a water carrier.....we’re lucky that ours has goals in him. In our predicament over the last few seasons substance over style has been critical.
Harrison played in his position for less than 1 game and created about 5 chances using his feet. I know you can say "yeah but we didn't score", but we've also had a lot of games where Doucoure has done nothing or we haven't scored either.

The Dycheball Virus has infected your mind, my friend.

Harrison played in his position for less than 1 game and created about 5 chances using his feet. I know you can say "yeah but we didn't score", but we've also had a lot of games where Doucoure has done nothing or we haven't scored either.

The Dycheball Virus has infected your mind, my friend.
I think we clearly have a different view of Doucoure. I just go by what I see week in week out - a group of us in the Paddock all seem to appreciate what he does whilst understanding (and accepting) his limitations.
As for the Dycheball Virus I’ve suffered much worse with Walker, Allardyce, Benitez etc. Dyche wouldn’t be my choice, but he’s what we’ve got. As for Harrison creating five chances in less than one game....you do know it doesn’t count as another chance when you rewind the move and watch it again? Don’t get me wrong, Harrison will be a good addition to the squad, but let’s not be pretending he made five chances. Patterson put in three good crosses in the short time he was on.

Took me a couple of watches to see how and why the ball bounced back out towards the penalty spot after he scored turned out he’d hit it that hard from that close out it ricocheted back off the middle post behind the goal

I thought he hit the bar and went off celebrating tbh….

Well Tim Cahill was a 1 in 5 goal scoring midfielder

Doucoure is 1 in 9

Also, Tim Cahill could play a 2 yard pass

Under Dyche he is a 1 in 3 player though.

I think the key to Doucoure is having a midfield which means he doesn't have to pass or dribble, and he can just press and be high up the pitch.

He cannot pass to save his life but am fine with that if he continues that form - frustrating player when he has to actually "play" though.