Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Accepting where we are

Status
Not open for further replies.
Billionaires generally aren’t idiots.
220px-Official_Portrait_of_President_Donald_Trump.webp

We are seen as a middle of the road club, but certainly not a club that seems to going anywhere big anytime soon.
That could change.
I was looking at Daniel Levy on television the other night with the new stadium rising in the background and that more than anything spelt big time.

Yes, they have a very good team at the moment but another season or two without winning anything and that could break apart. One of the big European clubs come calling from a new manager and the team could be broken up but the big time infrastructure is being put in place and that is important for them in the future.

I am not sure that a team that finishes fifth in the league or finishes eight are considered vastly different throughout Europe . Maybe it is a chicken and egg situation which comes first the team or the stadium but for me it is the new stadium that will push us forward and that is why it needs to happen so badly.

It doesn’t help that we hounded out the 3 most talented and valuable players we’ve had for the last 15 years, mainly because they didn’t fit the ‘run through brick walls’ template of being a hard worker but not very good.

I bet loads would still take Naismith back.

I pray for the day the Vuvuzela comes into British football. Drown out the morons.

Mind you, some of our lot wouldn’t know which end to blow in.

I know @Bungle will attempting to be onto some windup here but I absolutely accept we are mediocre and utter dirge football at the moment. That doesn’t mean I don’t love Everton it just means I hate everything about it, most of the players are gash, the manager is a joke, the owners are pathetic and the only thing keeping me going is Everton In the Community and Denise Baxendale.

Everything else can absolutely [Poor language removed]

People were actually crying when we paid 45m for Iceland.

"Sign somebody Everton, spend money"
"FFS Everton, why did you spend so much money on that player"

And as seems to be the way with Everton we signed him, spent the money - then proceed to play him tracking back on the left to help cover for the car crash of a Division 1 right back we have currently playing at left back!

While it is very difficult to disagree with the writer's summation as to our current position I don't believe that then colours our future. Man City were in a far worse position than we currently are and they came back. We need a realistic approach to our development, we need a five year plan. To believe we can buy two players and then be top 4 is ridiculous.
None of this matters until we rid ourselves of Fat Sam.

If the whole club was disbanded tomorrow I'd shrug my shoulders. I've got no time for most of the players, hate the manager and despise the people running us at the top. If I saw some reason for optimism then that'd be different but there's literally nothing to look forward to. In fact, it's probably just going to get worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back