Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like the experience he got playing in a team like Celtic where every other team in the league is happy to defend and just not concede against them will be vital when it comes to us playing the lower placed teams who only aim to defend and and nick a draw or a 1-0 win.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_3166884,00.html

Messi praises McGeady
Barca ace wants Bhoys winger watched

By James Pearson Last updated: 19th February 2008

Barcelona star Lionel Messi believes Celtic's Aiden McGeady will be the one to watch when the sides meet in the UEFA Champions League on Wednesday.

The Liga giants travel to Scotland in what should be a keenly-contested game at Celtic Park, which can be seen live on Sky One and Sky One HD.

Although Messi is one of the best players in the world, he believes Bhoys counterpart McGeady has the ability to become a success on the continent.

Such is McGeady's natural ability that playmaker Messi believes his Barca team-mates will need to give the winger special attention for the first leg in Scotland.

Skilful

"Aiden McGeady is a fast and skilful winger and someone I rate highly," he told the Record Sport.

"We will have to be careful with him because his movement can be special and he has a great ability to appear in goalscoring positions out of the blue.

"I really like the way he plays football. He is a natural talent, who can create a brilliant piece of play in the blink of an eye and I can assure you our defenders will be paying very close attention to him.

"He'd be successful anywhere in Europe, but I know he likes playing for Celtic, so I'm not sure he'd leave."

Hear rumors that his fat and not fit. Well maybe Martinez want to use the rest of the season to get him into shape, ready for next season

If you look at the pictures of him playing and the ones taken today he does look bigger but he admits himself that hes had the last month off and is in need of improving his match fitness so i doubt we will see much of him for the next couple of weeks.

Im so-so about the signing, its not one that excites me but i trust that Roberto is bringing in someone who can play well enough in this system to have a positive impact.

vault-email.jpg

Hope so that it works out. Remember that he was labelled "an asshole" by his coach at spartak moscow so if his attitude is questionable then it would be a problem. Also players coming in from Russia to PL hardly make it here. Yuri Zhirkov and Bilyaletdinov the prime examples although the latter could have been used more effectively.
If the fee is under 1M then not a bad signing at all...gives us money for a striker and fills the Deulofeu gap next season if he goes back

Hope so that it works out. Remember that he was labelled "an asshole" by his coach at spartak moscow so if his attitude is questionable then it would be a problem. Also players coming in from Russia to PL hardly make it here. Yuri Zhirkov and Bilyaletdinov the prime examples although the latter could have been used more effectively.
If the fee is under 1M then not a bad signing at all...gives us money for a striker and fills the Deulofeu gap next season if he goes back

Odemwingie though? Or Pavlyuchenko?

I wasn't for this signing at all, but seeing as it's under a millions and we really need bodies in, I'm glad to see us get him in.

I can already tell I'm going to strongly root for the lid too. I'm sure he desperately wants to make it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back