2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sell sell sell. Was woeful today
I’m not a big hater of him, but looks a stone overweight and completely clueless if a defender just backs off and asks him to make a decision, dribble or pass. Somehow manages to do a weird hybrid pass/shot/dribble which results in us losing the ball. Simply should never ever play wide, and Garner miles ahead of him centrally.

I despise the fact we have to play this absolute waste of space.

The lad has the ability to be a really good play but the brains of that fish that got its head punched in on the inbetweeners.

Said it before and will say it again. If you don't under why we're relegation fodder now. Just look at the fact we have to play this idiot week in and week out.

When we were challenging for Europe he couldn't even get in the 18 man squad half the time. Over the last few years the squads been gutted to the point where this embarrassment of a footballer is one of the first names on the team sheet.

Iwobi has poor decision making. No question.

But for as gifted a footballer he is, I cannot understand why he is incapable of putting in a good cross.

For the quality of cross he consistently delivers, he would be better off closing his eyes and just smacking it wherever.

This particular deficit is not related to decision making, and he has the skill, that’s evident in his touch and dribbling. Put the ball in the box.
That’s it.

I watch my lad’s U8 youth league matches and without any exaggeration the lads are putting in better crosses than Alex Iwobi.

How?!? It defies logic. The bloke is making literal 10s of thousands of quid a week to play footy as a winger, and he can’t put on a cross as well as the U8s in my neighborhood.

Clearly this is doing my head in. Tell me I’m not the only one exasperated by this.

Good dink. But if we want to talk about why our team is so slow in the buildup and meandering he is a big part of the problem.

Also notice the movement from Dobbin. If we had wingers getting though on goal we would have more goals. He needs to start making those runs too. There is no diversity in his play. It’s cut back, cut back, pass to the middle and it’s snuffed out. Beat your man.

Good dink. But if we want to talk about why our team is so slow in the buildup and meandering he is a big part of the problem.

Also notice the movement from Dobbin. If we had wingers getting though on goal we would have more goals. He needs to start making those runs too. There is no diversity in his play. It’s cut back, cut back, pass to the middle and it’s snuffed out. Beat your man.

He's not a winger, so he won't make those runs, he's also not even remotely fast enough to be troubling backlines with deep runs.

Iwobi has poor decision making. No question.

But for as gifted a footballer he is, I cannot understand why he is incapable of putting in a good cross.

For the quality of cross he consistently delivers, he would be better off closing his eyes and just smacking it wherever.

This particular deficit is not related to decision making, and he has the skill, that’s evident in his touch and dribbling. Put the ball in the box.
That’s it.

I watch my lad’s U8 youth league matches and without any exaggeration the lads are putting in better crosses than Alex Iwobi.

How?!? It defies logic. The bloke is making literal 10s of thousands of quid a week to play footy as a winger, and he can’t put on a cross as well as the U8s in my neighborhood.

Clearly this is doing my head in. Tell me I’m not the only one exasperated by this.
That's exactly it, he just does not have an ounce of composure. He's obviously really talented, and is by all accounts is great in training, his managers love him, but put him in a match and his brain just seems to lag behind what his feet are capable of.

He's not a winger, so he won't make those runs, he's also not even remotely fast enough to be troubling backlines with deep runs.
That is the problem which is why he needs to be replaced. He holds the ball up well and has the occasional flair in the middle, but Doucore provides much more in that position.

This lad needs to be shipped out as soon as possible get some coin for him while we can.
He can negotiate a move from January and walk away on a free.

He's never been good enough ...get shut.

Status
Not open for further replies.