2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we going to buy him again???

We are the only ones stupid enough to pay 20m+ for this guy....

10-15m max if we are lucky.
I disagree.
He is just coming to his peak, is an experienced premiership footballer and international.
He would be regarded in football as one of our better performers last season.
If he could add more creative end product to his industry he would be regarded as an excellent player.
A player I think the manager would like to keep but I don't believe we can afford to forego a fee.

I disagree.
He is just coming to his peak, is an experienced premiership footballer and international.
If he could add more creative end product to his industry he would be regarded as an excellent player.
A player I think the manager would like to keep but I don't believe we can afford to forego a fee.

The price being branded about is peanuts in todays game and even at that price nobody is rushing Everton to take him.
The original poster was correct. Only Everton were stupid enough.

He can leave in 12 months for free though.

Its still a pittance in premier league money to get him now. The reality seems to be nobody really wants him if any sort of fee is involved. For good reason.
Bar a few on here and iwobi himself, not many think he's that good.

I disagree.
I disagree

I mean, he’s been horribly inconsistent, but I just watched the Brighton highlights again a few days ago and the passes he made for 2 of the goals were superb. It’s just that he always tries to do everything at 100mph. He has the talent, but like a lot of our players, his role in the team seems to vary from game to game.

I mean, he’s been horribly inconsistent, but I just watched the Brighton highlights again a few days ago and the passes he made for 2 of the goals were superb. It’s just that he always tries to do everything at 100mph. He has the talent, but like a lot of our players, his role in the team seems to vary from game to game.

They only look like “superb” passes because not a single other player in our midfield attempts to kick the ball forward. In reality they’re pretty standard forward passes that average players from other teams make on a weekly basis. I swear if we signed someone like Harrison Reed our fans would be gassing him up for an England call up after 3 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.