2023/24 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s the same crab who did absolutely nothing but for 4-5 months under Lampard.

What are we getting for him though? Anything sub £10m is disgraceful.

Tell me whatever you want, but cause of those few months, he’s now given a pass.
View attachment 225310

Another expensive mistake.

123 league games, 6 goals, 11 assists is not what you want from a winger.
Mad how people get carried away

Peeps on Reddit saying Maupay should be given a run because he looked decent at Doncaster

Madness all over the gaff

Edit: they were American so that says a lot

If we signed an attacking midfielder for £15m and he had played 123 matches, scored 6 goals and contributed 11 assists I would be fuming

The six goals is the key thing. He's a talented player; people say he's an enigma, but I don't see it that way. He's basically an inside forward who can't really score, a number 8 who can't really tackle, a winger who can't really cross, or a number 10 who can't score.

lol Such a shame really, because he has many good attributes.

I have literally no opinion of him leaving. Just don't care either way. Was he "good" the last 18months or so? Yeah, sure. Was he an utter and abominable trainwreck for the 3 seasons PRIOR to that? Yep. Don't want him to stay past this year so might as well get something for him.

I think he's more useful than some people have made out on here but there is no denying there are plenty of frustrations about his play. If we can get the £20 million being bandied about then we have to accept it. Madness not to.
He wants to leave & the deal offered to him by us would probably have made him our highest earner. He will be gone soon for free & we'll have no funds to replace him. Or we could get rid now & at least then we have half a chance at trying something new & maybe even improve our squad.

The six goals is the key thing. He's a talented player; people say he's an enigma, but I don't see it that way. He's basically an inside forward who can't really score, a number 8 who can't really tackle, a winger who can't really cross, or a number 10 who can't score.

lol Such a shame really, because he has many good attributes.
Play him in the correct position and he's a decent player with a lot of good attributes. Put him out wide and all of his faults are magnified. It's really not hard.

Think Harrison is a fine replacement. I like Wobs and think he’s done well to turn his career here around after an initial disaster, which is not easy. We will miss his availability more than anything else. But you have to take that money if it’s offered.

He is obviously going to be a creative loss that can’t be denied. But he was the most creative player in a team with very few creative players and you can get the good side of his game spread between Harrison, Danjuma and ideally one more, while almost certainly adding more goals, and ideally without Iwobi’s tendency to start opposition counter attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.