2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like him, he’s very effective at breaking up play and dictating the game from the middle of the Park. I'd be interested to see some stats on his ground and arial dual wins and how his numbers compare to other central midfielders.

We will most certainly miss him when he’s gone.
53% of his tackles won which is not amazing tbh and 72% of his aerial duels won

Fbref mate, it's only halfway through the season and I do think he has been playing with this calf issue so we can look again at the end of the season, but his movement going the other way has massively improved this season.

Just had a look on there and found this.

this is based on the last 12 months… looks A bit better than what you’re suggesting.
IMG_0095.webp

Just had a look on there and found this.

this is based on the last 12 months… looks A bit better than what you’re suggesting.View attachment 241117
No the percentiles are based on the defensive stats lumped together over a calendar year, go and look in the individual sections for this season in the Defensive Actions section and you will see in duels against dribblers it's as I said 53.8% (For this season) and if you scroll down to the bottom to the Miscellaneous Stats section you will find he has won 72% of aerial duels (For this season) I'm only concerned with what has happened this season, the here and now. There is still plenty of time in the season for him to improve, like I said earlier his movement forward with the ball has vastly improved this season.

No the percentiles are based on the defensive stats lumped together over a calendar year, go and look in the individual sections for this season in the Defensive Actions section and you will see in duels against dribblers it's as I said 53.8% (For this season) and if you scroll down to the bottom to the Miscellaneous Stats section you will find he has won 72% of aerial duels (For this season) I'm only concerned with what has happened this season, the here and now. There is still plenty of time in the season for him to improve, like I said earlier his movement forward with the ball has vastly improved this season.
Onana has 71% duels won
Rodri has 49% duels won

His defensive stats are very good, everything else is complete rubbish.

But he is a DM....

Onana has 71% duels won
Rodri has 49% duels won

His defensive stats are very good, everything else is complete rubbish.

But he is a DM....
If you go down to Defensive Actions, then Challenges, the tackle % won is 53.8%. Those scouting reports you posted cover a 12 month period. The numbers I'm on about are only for this season.
https://fbref.com/en/players/828657ff/Amadou-Onana
Either that or there is something funky going on with their website.

If you go down to Defensive Actions, then Challenges, the tackle % won is 53.8%. Those scouting reports you posted cover a 12 month period. The numbers I'm on about are only for this season.
https://fbref.com/en/players/828657ff/Amadou-Onana
Granted, but whatever metric you use he more than matches up to Rodri, who is widely considered 1 of the best DMs in the league.

My point is 53% seems low, but if you compare it to the norm, its not a bad number, surprisingly.

Almost all successful sides have a local core of players.

Also, weve done well within the age groups with DCL, Branthwaite, Stones and a little older in McNeil, Pickford and Garner.

If it was up to me I'd primarily be focused on English prospects and showing them the superior pathways we offer in comparison to those focused overseas.

thank god it’s not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back