2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Football Association have blocked clubs, agents and players from making contact over moves while the selected players are away on international duty this summer and if Branthwaite had been selected then there would have been issues. The 21-year-old has been playing with a slight groin issue and may require minor surgery but Gareth Southgate’s decision to leave him out of his 26-man party for the Euros in Germany after handing him his international debut against Bosnia and Herzegovina on Monday, opens up the situation for United to push ahead with the deal.

So given this regarding Branners, it now seems likely that Branners will be the 1 sold before 30th June.

We have to hope he has a great tournament and stays injury free so we can sell him as well.

Cos if he doesnt get a move this Summer, hes gonna be BAD and very sulky next season.

Surely we have to be talking £65-75mil if its Arsenal in for him.

Surely we have to be talking £65-75mil if its Arsenal in for him.
Just reading he's stated he wants to play for a renowned international club.
So do we, just when and for how much is the moot point.

See I half agree here. Totally unfair to pin all the blame on Dyche.,, Onana has all the physical and technical attributes to do well (really well in some positions) in multiple roles in midfield and if you say he's worth £80-£100m, then he should be able to adapt his game with ease.

This whole diva crying 'I don't get to play where and how i want' is a poor excuse. He's a full Belgium international and in his 2nd season at the club. He needs to step up.
Again different roles is one thing, we’re playing a way that is genuinely creating an environment that limits the impact a midfielder can have. You can put Casemiro, Modric and Kroos c. 2018 into the team and it is going to be limited by what Dyche is doing. We will NEVER see the best of midfielders with this manager.

The Football Association have blocked clubs, agents and players from making contact over moves while the selected players are away on international duty this summer and if Branthwaite had been selected then there would have been issues. The 21-year-old has been playing with a slight groin issue and may require minor surgery but Gareth Southgate’s decision to leave him out of his 26-man party for the Euros in Germany after handing him his international debut against Bosnia and Herzegovina on Monday, opens up the situation for United to push ahead with the deal.

So given this regarding Branners, it now seems likely that Branners will be the 1 sold before 30th June.

We have to hope he has a great tournament and stays injury free so we can sell him as well.

Cos if he doesnt get a move this Summer, hes gonna be BAD and very sulky next season.
Putting aside the weird attachment everyone has with ripping him we’re such a thin squad with limited money that anyone with value needs to be sold and the funds invested to the extent possible in smart cheaper signings. So Onana and Branthwaite should just not be playing for us next year. It’d be bad management.

Putting aside the weird attachment everyone has with ripping him we’re such a thin squad with limited money that anyone with value needs to be sold and the funds invested to the extent possible in smart cheaper signings. So Onana and Branthwaite should just not be playing for us next year. It’d be bad management.
I liked it, but I dont know if I agree.

I agree we need players and we need funds for those players, sell Onana by all means, he does nothing for this Everton side, with this manager.

But I just think Branners is vital for us staying up, you take him out of that defence and the thing that kept us up is gone and then what do we have?

Vs Montenegro 7.1 / 10 lots of praise went off at half time

Vs Luxembourg 7/10 came off after 64mins + celebrated goals with Lukaku.
That’s what he’s good at Zat—-celebrating and cheering, £65-75M for him, no one will be cheering louder than me if we get that much for him, you really like this kid, are you sure he’s not a relation Zat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back