2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most telling stat is that he was dropped from the starting line up and the team hit form

At the same time Gana finally did...he was fabulous in the final half dozen games.

The balance of the season, no. Now he has an extension while the first choice over the season is being sold.

At the same time Gana finally did...he was fabulous in the final half dozen games.

The balance of the season, no. Now he has an extension while the first choice over the season is being sold.
If he has an average Euro's, his price drops significantly.

For being his number 1 fan, you seem very eager to sell him

Reactions: MJA
If he has an average Euro's, his price drops significantly.

For being his number 1 fan, you seem very eager to sell him

I dont think I'm his "number one fan" lol

I just thought we'd become a better team having a superb young player as a DM. Unfortunately Dyche has not been using anyone as a DM.

If a player isnt going to be used in the role which he is best suited to play in, we dont have that position in our team and hes worth a lot of money then common sense dictates we should sell.

If we had sold Onana in January and replaced with Wharton Id have been happy.

Isn't he doing exactly what he was brought in to do? Double his transfer fee and move on?

Personally think whoever goes in for him has to be an environment to develop rather than him coming in to be a first team player that pushes a side to a top 4/trophy.

Would be a perfect back up for Declan Rice at Arsenal for example. But wouldn't push say United to top 4 spot if he was the main man.

I dont think I'm his "number one fan" lol

I just thought we'd become a better team having a superb young player as a DM. Unfortunately Dyche has not been using anyone as a DM.

If a player isnt going to be used in the role which he is best suited to play in, we dont have that position in our team and hes worth a lot of money then common sense dictates we should sell.

If we had sold Onana in January and replaced with Wharton Id have been happy.
See I half agree here. Totally unfair to pin all the blame on Dyche.,, Onana has all the physical and technical attributes to do well (really well in some positions) in multiple roles in midfield and if you say he's worth £80-£100m, then he should be able to adapt his game with ease.

This whole diva crying 'I don't get to play where and how i want' is a poor excuse. He's a full Belgium international and in his 2nd season at the club. He needs to step up.

Why hasn't he gobbed off in the press that he really admires Kompany and has a Bayern Munich tatto tramp stamp?

He's not half the Belgian Rom is :confused:

Isn't he doing exactly what he was brought in to do? Double his transfer fee and move on?

Personally think whoever goes in for him has to be an environment to develop rather than him coming in to be a first team player that pushes a side to a top 4/trophy.

Would be a perfect back up for Declan Rice at Arsenal for example. But wouldn't push say United to top 4 spot if he was the main man.

I don’t think he’s anywhere near doubled his transfer fee.

See I half agree here. Totally unfair to pin all the blame on Dyche.,, Onana has all the physical and technical attributes to do well (really well in some positions) in multiple roles in midfield and if you say he's worth £80-£100m, then he should be able to adapt his game with ease.

This whole diva crying 'I don't get to play where and how i want' is a poor excuse. He's a full Belgium international and in his 2nd season at the club. He needs to step up.

But again, he simply is a better DM than a CM. If he was 7/10 every game at CM then its still not worth holding onto him if there is a significant fee on the table.

The way I look at it as well now is this:

A: If we had sold Onana in Jan and signed Adam Wharton would we all be happy now?

B: If we sold Onana today and bought Wharton from Palace would we all be happy?

For me I suspect the answer would be yes.

I'm not suggesting we would sign or even attempt to sign Wharton now (though I would try) but if we could get a high fee and replace him in the squad with a young player with a high ceiling Id be all for it).

Why hasn't he gobbed off in the press that he really admires Kompany and has a Bayern Munich tatto tramp stamp?

He's not half the Belgian Rom is :confused:

His agent (sister?) will be speaking with all the interested clubs behind the scenes.

I'm sure we'll have told her our valuation and its now a case of who blinks first.

I don’t think he’s anywhere near doubled his transfer fee.

Even if you believe that, you surely see that the market for young DMs with his ability and potential has massively increased due to Lavia, Caicedo and Rice?

Even if you believe that, you surely see that the market for young DMs with his ability and potential has massively increased due to Lavia, Caicedo and Rice?

We’ll see what the market thinks he’s worth then. My guess is it will be under £50 million.

Did we ever get to the bottom of his sell on clause?

Is it 20% of the entire fee going straight to Lille?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back