2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
don't mind the lad, but he's been terrible here, he's having one of those games where he just doesnt do anything, just sort of walks around, doing the odd press, the odd sidewards/backwards ball.

wasted when he plays like this, which is a lot
Thanks,so it wasn't just me who saw it. Just look at him in the lead up to the goal, he's not close to anyone.

yer i think he could be a great player, but for me he lacks a brain, he doesnt move enough on and off the ball, you see him coming deep getting the ball laying it off, but then not moving into space.... for someone with his physical attributes thats a crime.
Lacks of a footballing brain maybe. He is obviously an intelligent bloke I reckon.

I feel he needs to play with more anger. Maybe our players should start shouting "Man on Andre" etc, get him riled up.

• Haha
Reactions: SJB

to put it into perspective we will probably end up selling him for less than what Leeds got for Archie gray despite the fact he’s a senior international with prem experience and is still very young with great potential

When he’s suddenly pressurised he can side step , turn and move quickly forward with the ball , he just doesn’t do it enough for me, he seems to prefer to stroll about being a six, marking space. There’s a talent there, I think, and a good manager can get the best out of him by simply spending £10 on a rocket and sticking it up his harris and get him moving forward more.

If we can sell him to sign 2 players, then do it.
Get Ndidi in and someone who's dynamic to replace Garner.

And before anyone starts Dycheball bingo. Our midfield was terrible every time they were asked to play football. Pass completion percentages for basic passes were atrocious.

Reactions: MJA
When he’s suddenly pressurised he can side step , turn and move quickly forward with the ball , he just doesn’t do it enough for me, he seems to prefer to stroll about being a six, marking space. There’s a talent there, I think, and a good manager can get the best out of him by simply spending £10 on a rocket and sticking it up his harris and get him moving forward more.
It was his job in that game
He did it well

As you say, in a different set up he could be asked to do something different

Who's going to break it to Zat that Belgium had Mangala playing as the defensive sitter and not Onana.

Sorry but for me he looked just bad ineffectual for Belgium as he does for us.

Selling him will be absolutely no loss.

Do it asap Thelwell.

It was his job in that game
He did it well

As you say, in a different set up he could be asked to do something different

It’s probably all what was asked of him
Keep it simple
Not the game to be trying to be clever or to try the elaborate he would have had his pocket picked all night

Considering the opponent he can hold his head
Seen him play loads worse
This is how I saw it. Was usually in space, wanting the ball and looking to keep it ticking
over.

Edit, not just one touch either, was looking to drive/ pass forward on numerous occasions

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back