Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
….watched the game tonight and despite getting caught in possession once he did fine. I wasn’t as impressed as previous games but he’s clearly playing to orders sitting in front of the back four.

Even at that level, he looks physically immense and makes the pitch look small. He’s a talent, especially given his age but I will always doubt his application.
Make you right there Eggs.

The player has talent but he's so frustrating because he is slow in possession and never plays with urgency, intensity or desire. Contrast that with Rodri.

I don't think he will ever fulfil his ability.

The way I see some Evertonians talk about Onana you'd think he's Karl Henry level.

4413131E-BFB5-4488-8AA9-58ECA4B0F691.webp

what’s yours?
A physical freak who is technically good, very young for the position he plays, confident.

I think a team with the luxury or bravery to stick by him while he forms a role (right now he doesn't have a best position) could end up with a great player.

That isn't (and shouldn't be) Everton. Right now we don't have the luxury of that risk but in my opinion he's got all the tools to be a brilliant player in the right system and under the right manager. That could be true of a lot of players but very few at his age have the experience he already has.

So from all the links. It looks like Palhinha is Bayern's first choice and will only chase Onana if that falls through.

Onana is waiting for Bayern as his first choice and Arsenal know this and is waiting for the situation to pan out before entering the race.

Does that sound right?

Onana is a risk for buying clubs too. Paulinha is the finished article. Onana requires patience and development.

A physical freak who is technically good, very young for the position he plays, confident.

I think a team with the luxury or bravery to stick by him while he forms a role (right now he doesn't have a best position) could end up with a great player.

That isn't (and shouldn't be) Everton. Right now we don't have the luxury of that risk but in my opinion he's got all the tools to be a brilliant player in the right system and under the right manager. That could be true of a lot of players but very few at his age have the experience he already has.

it’s he hasn’t got it all ( right now ) obvs he’s young tho and will in time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back