2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Didn't watch a ton of Belgium but it sounds like Onana shopwindowed himself pretty well for us.

Would be great to get a good offer for him early in the window.

I think he plays within himself at times. Reminds me of Witsel. Lots of easy sideways passing and not much else. But when he first came he put the burners on a few times and looked a player.
We know he can do it
But can he ? We've seen this all too often

Someone will come on with some stats any minute to demonstrate how he actually dominated the midfield in that game.
The usual is “100% of duels won - 1/1”

Being fair to the player, I don’t think any manager has worked out what to do with him. Needs to really cement himself a role and get better at it, or the years are going to tick by for him, which would be a shame.

Onana is 22 years old, starting for Belgium with two seasons in the Premier League.

He's pretty good, you know. Do I believe that he'll reach anywhere close to his level at Everton right now? Absolutely not. Still a highly valuable asset though.

….watched the game tonight and despite getting caught in possession once he did fine. I wasn’t as impressed as previous games but he’s clearly playing to orders sitting in front of the back four.

Even at that level, he looks physically immense and makes the pitch look small. He’s a talent, especially given his age but I will always doubt his application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back