2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idle is the word to describe his performance. To me his own assertion that he is some sort of superstar in the making is the cause of his arrogant demeanour when in actual fact he is useless.
He doesn't do anything outstandingly,not a fearsome tackler,shots from distance? great engine? breaks forward at speed,threat in the air? Hope we can find someone daft enough to pay the sort of money we need for him to have been a good investment.

Is it? When did he show this talent? I can't remember a piece of talent he's done. He's never been able to pass, shoot, dictate play. All I've seen him do is play simple balls backwards and sideways with the odd good lunging tackle.
Yes he has obviously got talent.

As I said it doesn't mean nothing if you cant put it all together. Mo Besic and Aiden McGeady had talent. You need more than just ability.

From watching him he definitely thinks he's a cut above. That penalty kind of illustrates my point.
He's made his intentions clear, which is fine by me, but I've yet to see anything to back up his own opinions of his prowess.
I think its too easy an assumption to make.

It was a crap penalty by a bloke who cant seem to strike a ball that well. Doesn't have to be anything more than that.

I mean his recovery speed and tackling is fantastic, he makes so many challenges that get the ball perfectly that you'd usually be seen given as a foul.

He is decent on the ball and a pretty accurate passer.

Most top end players will have talent though. You have to be able to put it all together though and impose himself more on the game.

we will probably see it at who he signs for maybe

we will probably see it at who he signs for maybe
Hes about 5 years off his peak.

If he joins a good club, with good solid coaching, hes got the talent and the physicality to get to the very top IMO, as long as he wants it.

His hunger and desire will determine his career.

From an Everton POV I will wish him the best of luck with the rest of his career and hope we can invest the money wisely.

I dont think we miss the input hes provided in an Everton shirt, that is not to say hes a bad player, hes had some very good moments and games for us.

Hes about 5 years off his peak.

If he joins a good club, with good solid coaching, hes got the talent and the physicality to get to the very top IMO, as long as he wants it.

His hunger and desire will determine his career.

From an Everton POV I will wish him the best of luck with the rest of his career and hope we can invest the money wisely.

I dont think we miss the input hes provided in an Everton shirt, that is not to say hes a bad player, hes had some very good moments and games for us.

the latter is spot on mate regarding us ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back