2023/24 Amadou Onana

People need to remember those stats are with players who are decent around him, in our midfield there is not the same quality.
He is a decent player, who will grow to be an excellent player, still only 21
I do remember and i remember watching the game and like i said he was tidy with i would estimate over 95% of his passes going sideways and back in a team that is far better than us. Thats why i won't be losing sleep over him going for a decent fee.

Always seems to be holding back on the pitch. I don't like his languid style. With his physical attributes, he should look to play in a more dynamic style.
I don't think he's motivated enough. He had a solid Euros and that should give us an opportunity to move him on for a decent fee and get two players in.

The links remain with the player for Barca but I saw his issues with managing possessions from the back, ponderous and slow in decision making and lacking discretion often telegraphing his intention. Stats alone, you’d walk away impressed but doesn’t pass the eye test for me

His recoveries & intensity are positives I like but I would prefer Merino
You are correct but it's irrelevant because financially you are even worse off than us

First Belgium match I've watched. Got caught once on the ball, and lost Mbappe once that I can remember (no shame in that though) but otherwise thought he played pretty well. Looked neat and tidy. Should be able to get decent money for him I would think, as I suspect he will want a move

I do remember and i remember watching the game and like i said he was tidy with i would estimate over 95% of his passes going sideways and back in a team that is far better than us. Thats why i won't be losing sleep over him going for a decent fee.

Half the Belgium team just sitting and watching. Around the 3 minute mark is something I remembered from the game and being frustrated by it - was he expected to bomb forward through the entire France team ffs?! No one even opening up for a pass
KdB standing 5 feet away, not even breaking into a sprint, just asking for the ball to do nothing with it.

What exactly was the game plan here I reckon? France were constantly playing a high line to prevent the ball being taken through by the essentially 1 midfielder and limiting the options further, this was bizarre last night and looking back at it now (+ highlights overall) is even more bizarre :lol: Half the time the only player open for a pass is a centre back and his other option would be to go on an absolutely brainless run against 2-3 players - which he tried once and lost it, as did KdB several times as France were a lot more cohesive and knew what to do.

Neat, tidy and has a great recovery on him but needs some fluidity around him it seems - he genuinely looked better for us in a lot of games just because we had some movement in midfield. "Give it to KdB" doesn't work when you're playing against a good team evidently, Tedesco played exactly into what France expected and just didn't change it at all.

Half the Belgium team just sitting and watching. Around the 3 minute mark is something I remembered from the game and being frustrated by it - was he expected to bomb forward through the entire France team ffs?! No one even opening up for a pass
KdB standing 5 feet away, not even breaking into a sprint, just asking for the ball to do nothing with it.

What exactly was the game plan here I reckon? France were constantly playing a high line to prevent the ball being taken through by the essentially 1 midfielder and limiting the options further, this was bizarre last night and looking back at it now (+ highlights overall) is even more bizarre :lol: Half the time the only player open for a pass is a centre back and his other option would be to go on an absolutely brainless run against 2-3 players - which he tried once and lost it, as did KdB several times as France were a lot more cohesive and knew what to do.

Neat, tidy and has a great recovery on him but needs some fluidity around him it seems - he genuinely looked better for us in a lot of games just because we had some movement in midfield. "Give it to KdB" doesn't work when you're playing against a good team evidently, Tedesco played exactly into what France expected and just didn't change it at all.

Most players look better when they have options.

Personally think it's more his concentration, drive, and determination over a full game that lets him down. That and he's not got any real stand out traits apart from go-go gadget legs in a tackle. What is he as a player? Don't think it's been figured out

Hence why the "looks good and can improve" interest rather than someone a big team buys and throws in to improve them IMO.

Most players look better when they have options.
They do, and most good players look way worse when they have no options at all.

And most players aren't 19-20 when they start receiving the same criticism he has - this is why we will never have prospects too. You give them time to develop, to make mistakes, to learn. 21 year old full international starter playing well in the last 16 of the Euros for his country - "I don't know what he offers, he's a nothing player, doesn't do enough, SELL". Okay then.

Yes he has obviously got talent.

As I said it doesn't mean nothing if you cant put it all together. Mo Besic and Aiden McGeady had talent. You need more than just ability.
I think we've got different idea's of talent. A midfielder that can't pass, shoot, beat a man, dictate a game is just an average run of the mill midfielder to me, but each to their own.