2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.

The fact he cost us around £30m may have priced him out of a transfer this window. He’s only really worth that now, and we’d surely want to make some sort of profit. Needs to raise is profile with some big performances if he wants that big move.

In past tournaments, we've seen players who excelled secure moves to top clubs. That's my goal. I aim to showcase my skills on the European stage and prove my worth," said Onana in an interview with the newspaper 'Het Laatste Nieuws', hinting at a possible transfer.

Put the kettle on there mate.
So he says he wants to showcase his skills and play for a top club - makes sense, as we're not one of them currently and it's career progress for him. Also hasn't said we're crap or anything, just that he wants to showcase himself in front of the elite, using the stage of the EURO's (in the full interview/quote).

I don't get it like, Onana doesn't praise Everton at every step and he's bad, any new guy comes in and gets told off for praising Everton too much. What do we want here? :lol:

So he says he wants to showcase his skills and play for a top club - makes sense, as we're not one of them currently and it's career progress for him. Also hasn't said we're crap or anything, just that he wants to showcase himself in front of the elite, using the stage of the EURO's (in the full interview/quote).

I don't get it like, Onana doesn't praise Everton at every step and he's bad, any new guy comes in and gets told off for praising Everton too much. What do we want here? :lol:
That's all well and good but he was replaced in the team by 34 year old Gana Gueye the back end of the season?

He should be showcasing himself in the biggest league in the world instead of waiting for international duty.

Classic Belgian behaviour.

That's all well and good but he was replaced in the team by 34 year old Gana Gueye the back end of the season?

He should be showcasing himself in the biggest league in the world instead of waiting for international duty.

I mean interchanging between him, Gueye and Garner, and I find it odd you'd exclude when he started the season and played for about 2 months together with Gana, if we're gonna be fair?

Regardless, he won't be here long, he'll be a decent player somewhere else, won't set the world alight ever probably but a good midfielder is something you need when playing through midfield oddly enough. He'll never be a good player in a midfield duo tho, imo.

There is not a midfielder on Earth who will showcase the highest end of his talent playing for Sean Dyche. It will never happen, which is why we should sell this summer if a decent offer comes in.

Or ya know, sack Dyche.

Tell ya what he needs some conditions this lad doesnt he? Cant play in a 2. Cant play hoofball (whatever thats supposed to be). Needs better players around him yet couldnt look good for Belgium v france coz the other midfielders were crap. Cant play with Gana coz he takes his space. Cant play for Dyche. Have i missed any?

That's right...blame the manager.

Did Dyche take that penalty for him as well?
He was awesome for Belgium playing in a team that attempted to move the ball and stay on the front foot at times. It is very clear why we don’t see that for Everton.

Bringing up a missed penalty says it all though, you’re not evaluating him objectively because you don’t like him on a personal level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back