2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's £50m with potential add ons then that isn't too bad if you ask me. Never really kicked on in the two seasons he's been here for me.

Genuinely think he's going to be brilliant for them, people don't rate him on here but yeah, great signing from Villa.

I rate him very highly, a lot of us do. You can see he will be a top player but people cant sit here and say he was brilliant for us. Think he's one of those that need better players around him. Villa have got a good player there.

When you consider what we paid for unproven. And the sell on %.

No good, really.
I think the relatively small profit is a function of overpaying at the start not a function of the value we’re getting from the sale.

IMO we made a bad deal with Lille and exiting that with a profit after two years of mixed performances isn’t the worst thing. We move on.

Villa we're lower mid table three years ago.
We'll be up there with Villa within 3 years.They were lower mid table in 2022.
New stadium, new owners, PSR sorted. Optimistic here.
i love your optimism mate, but doesnt change the fact that we are still a lower midtable side and villa are a top 4 side as proven. Whether they sustain is the question ofcourse.

as of right now, Villa is a massive step up for him from us. It's hard to admit, but Villa are a big club like us, who can offer not only european football but a shot at Champions League, they have a good squad and an excellent manager.

None of the three things you said gurantee anything though - yes, all three are positives for us, but we have to build on that and at least some Onana money will help us start this summer.

I think the relatively small profit is a function of overpaying at the start not a function of the value we’re getting from the sale.

IMO we made a bad deal with Lille and exiting that with a profit after two years of mixed performances isn’t the worst thing. We move on.

Completely agree. it was probably a little inflated when we bought him, but to have two years and then sell for a small profit (which negates the amount of % ont he profit resale to Lille a little).

We're in a much better place than when Dyche took over, got rid of most of the dead weight. Still need some squad players tho, struggling if the injury curse strikes.
I can see the pessimistic reasoning for pessimism though, doucoure, gana, garner and Timmy 'Bunam. Problem is we are SO USED to doing our dealings later in summer, this time we've started like a football club and have a good 7 weeks to replace.

It appears now that Moshiri has effectively jeffed off, Thewell and hte recruitment team can actually do their jobs.

If it's £50m with potential add ons then that isn't too bad if you ask me. Never really kicked on in the two seasons he's been here for me.
Get our 30% sell on cause in, his character and commitment makes it easy to see a jouneyman in the making.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back