2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we're panicking a bit here mate... we'll 100% bring in reinforcements.

Think that's a bit doom and gloom. There is still plenty of time before the window closes.

Pre season games start next week.

Season kicks off in 35 days.

They need to get a wiggle on/have players in before pre-season.

Don't know about everyone else, but I'm sick to death of relegation scraps so have little patience.

Its really not mate
Not sure any price further is jusitifed, he's not anything more than a 50m player at the moment mate, if that. As I've always mainted he has got BAGS of ability, because every now then he shows it, but his attitude to football seems so so casual and hes not a consistent performer.

we would be much happier if we hadnt paid around 38m for him, if we'd have paid 20m and got him from Hamburg, we'd be a bit happier.

Maybe the reason we're gambling on Dele, push Doucoure into a defensive role. Hope we don't have a bad run with injuries.

The Friedkin group need to pull their finger out.

If they're serious about turning the club around, put some cash in the club whilst the window is still open.

The takeover will not be done by the end of the window, we need a forward, full backs, wide men & midfielders.

Selling Onana on the cheap is not a good start. Selling Branthwaite in the same summer would be a disaster for the new regime.

£50m for Onana is great business, he was our worst midfielder last year and none of our midfielders would get us £50m.
Take it and run, there is a chance he could turn out to be decent and just more than a cheerleader, there is also a chance he could have another average season and end back in a foreign league in 18 months as another failure.

P.s. How are Villa spending all this money, there were rumours they would have to sell Watkins 2 months ago.

Quick fag packet PSR calculations. For easy rounding assuming we paid 30 and are getting 50.

4m owed to Lille so 46 to us.
30m less two years amortisation is a book value of 18m, so 28m profit goes on the books for 24/25.

Then you lose his wage and amortisation charge for 24/25 and that’s an extra c.10m not being spent so an overall PSR benefit of 35-40 million this year.

So a small paper profit of 16m but a much bigger PSR win for the forthcoming season.

Pre season games start next week.

Season kicks off in 35 days.

They need to get a wiggle on/have players in before pre-season.

Don't know about everyone else, but I'm sick to death of relegation scraps so have little patience.
while Im not as panicky as you - I understand your worry.

Just think we can delay the worry for a couple of weeks.

Pity if he goes as looked the type of player we need longterm etc but seems we are happy being Villa's feeder club now, with him heading off there like Digne 🙃

Quick fag packet PSR calculations. For easy rounding assuming we paid 30 and are getting 50.

4m owed to Lille so 46 to us.
30m less two years amortisation is a book value of 18m, so 28m profit goes on the books for 24/25.

Then you lose his wage and amortisation charge for 24/25 and that’s an extra c.10m not being spent so an overall PSR benefit of 35-40 million this year.

So a small paper profit of 16m but a much bigger PSR win for the forthcoming season.
Lille have a profit sell on fee i think. Not sure how much % but ye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back