2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think the fee is?

Do you know what sell on we'd owe to Lille?

No point signing 20 year old unproven players, developing them if we're not going to make money.

His signing was never a priority at the time, but he's going to be a top, top player.

Asin when we signed him? I think it was around 38m (although dont quote me, but wont be far off). don't know what sell on but im sure there was one and every deal seems to have them now anyway.

3rd line - I agree, but at the same time we haven't lost out and he has contributed - all be it not as much as hoped.

4th. Cant disagree with that, always said his ability is sky high but attitude/casualness/drive just doesn't seem to be there, at least not regularly.

I feel very much in the middle with this one
- I can see why someone would be disappointed to lose him, I can see why someone would completely accept losing him
- I can see why someone would be disappointed with the fee, I can see why someone would be fairly content with the fee.

I just think, well it gives us some cash flow (we dont know the down payment but assume we'd expect 20m immediately at least?) to work with this summer.

Really?

We've retained Gana, Young, looking at retaining Dele.

Signed an PSR workaround from Villa who nobody has seen kick a ball.

N'Diaye could be a good'un, but he's never performed at the highest level so who knows?

We have the club in limbo with ownership/Friedkin.

I can only look at the squad as it is now, 30 odd days before the season starts. They've got to get a move on - I've very little trust in the club's recruitment.

Agree with most of that but I think it was well known we needed to sell to buy. Just hoping Branthwaite stays now, which puts us in a stronger position than having to replace.

I think we will strengthen so lets see.

Really?

We've retained Gana, Young, looking at retaining Dele.

Signed an PSR workaround from Villa who nobody has seen kick a ball.

N'Diaye could be a good'un, but he's never performed at the highest level so who knows?

We have the club in limbo with ownership/Friedkin.

I can only look at the squad as it is now, 30 odd days before the season starts. They've got to get a move on - I've very little trust in the club's recruitment.
I think so mate....I felt the general consensus a month or so ago we'd be scratching round for loans and frees the back end of August.

Am the worlds biggest flapper when it comes to us but I genuinely feel calm about everything.

Not sure any price further is jusitifed, he's not anything more than a 50m player at the moment mate, if that. As I've always mainted he has got BAGS of ability, because every now then he shows it, but his attitude to football seems so so casual and hes not a consistent performer.

we would be much happier if we hadnt paid around 38m for him, if we'd have paid 20m and got him from Hamburg, we'd be a bit happier.
Onana is a lot better than people think. He gets pelters because he does run around like a lunatic.

But when you look at some of the transfer fees of midfielders on past couple of years, it’s an atrocious deal

Asin when we signed him? I think it was around 38m (although dont quote me, but wont be far off). don't know what sell on but im sure there was one and every deal seems to have them now anyway.

3rd line - I agree, but at the same time we haven't lost out and he has contributed - all be it not as much as hoped.

4th. Cant disagree with that, always said his ability is sky high but attitude/casualness/drive just doesn't seem to be there, at least not regularly.

I feel very much in the middle with this one
- I can see why someone would be disappointed to lose him, I can see why someone would completely accept losing him
- I can see why someone would be disappointed with the fee, I can see why someone would be fairly content with the fee.

I just think, well it gives us some cash flow (we dont know the down payment but assume we'd expect 20m immediately at least?) to work with this summer.

I think it was closer to 30m. We are now selling for 50m. Had 2 seasons out of him. Overall it has to be chalked off as a positive

Not great is it, you’d want 60 all in I would say

Sounds like it’s adding up to 50 so it’s less than 50 up front which is not good for a club that only has a very small number of really saleable assets, one of whom is last year of contract DCL, it’s 20 tops for him.

Could have done with Ndidi for us to use these funds elsewhere.

Last edited:
Onana is a lot better than people think. He gets pelters because he does run around like a lunatic.

But when you look at some of the transfer fees of midfielders on past couple of years, it’s an atrocious deal
i think the general consensus is that hes a good footballer but his attitude/commitment doesn't feel there. i dont think many are saying hes crap. Alot of people recognise his potential.

It's not an atroscious deal whatsoever, whether you agree with the fee or think it should be higher, we're making a profit on a player that isn't first choice. this deal is fine IMO.

The deal to sign him, while we were all excited at hte time, was inflated, we overpaid there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back