2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking Doucoure may be the Onana replacement. Only because we have signed N'Diaye and looks like Dele is signing a new deal too, both are Attacking players best played off the striker. Which means Doucoure may drop deeper.

2 from Doucoure, Garner, Gueye, Tim as CM's with N'Diaye/Dele playing further up.

I hope we are in for another CM but I think we may use the Onana money for other areas.
Don't think he will be the replacement, but him being moved back will likely mean we have to sign 1 new cm rather than 2.

Interested to see who we're linked with now. Ndidi not happening, consistent links to Florentino Luis but not totally convinced by that. There are a lot of decent young CM's we could move for.

This is from the new york times - so perhaps a good benchmark for the deal to sign him;

Onana has grown into a key player for Everton, making 72 appearances — including 37 last season in all competitions — since joining from Lille for initial £30m in the summer of 2022. The French club are entitled to 20 per cent of the profit made on any sale

so £20m profit according to this, meaning £4m goes ot lille, so we make £16m profit? that's a positive.

i also think football is ABSOLUTELY GARBAGE the fact that us as fans are worrying about bloody profit margins.

Villa buying anyone and everyone makes a shambles of psr considering they apparently had to sell Luiz to avoid a breach

Nowhere near as good as he thinks he is, that Fulham penalty sums him up to a tee,
The size of him he should be far more dominant, at times there was more life in a tramps vest.

I wont begrude a player for missing a penalty. yes its frustrating, but it is what it is.

But the second point is the most frustrating one, he has ALL of the tools, but doesn't use them.

well, has it been a good deal financially? Like we gave Lille 33 million for him. He is leavinng for 50 apparently and they also have a sell on clause. They will probab get like 8 million (just a guess)

So 17-8 is like 9 million. Not amazing is it

Not particularly bothered about this as long as it sets things in motion for us to sign a new DM as soon as possible, as well as a reinforcement or two elsewhere

Reactions: MJA

well, has it been a good deal financially? Like we gave Lille 33 million for him. He is leavinng for 50 apparently and they also have a sell on clause. They will probab get like 8 million (just a guess)

So 17-8 is like 9 million. Not amazing is it
What did you realistically expect mate after the season he had, we probably paid to much for him in the first place

i think the general consensus is that hes a good footballer but his attitude/commitment doesn't feel there. i dont think many are saying hes crap. Alot of people recognise his potential.

It's not an atroscious deal whatsoever, whether you agree with the fee or think it should be higher, we're making a profit on a player that isn't first choice. this deal is fine IMO.

The deal to sign him, while we were all excited at hte time, was inflated, we overpaid there.
Making around £10m profit on a player that will clearly to another level is an atrocious deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back