2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
A good mate of mine who happens to have the IQ of an empty jam jar has just messaged me and said “Why would Villa want someone who didn’t exactly set the world on fire for and who will be off to the African cup of Nations once the season starts”. He is a genuinely lovely lad, but my god, the damage he has done to the humanity by passing on his genes cannot be overstated!

werid one from villa, douglas luiz was well better, but onana has a higher ceiling.

think he will do well with better players around him, great move for him, villa in the champions league, great manager, great fans and great club.

good luck.

Not that weird. I think Luiz wanted to leave and they needed to sort out PSR so it was a bit of a forced decision on their end to sell in ways.

I wont begrude a player for missing a penalty. yes its frustrating, but it is what it is.

But the second point is the most frustrating one, he has ALL of the tools, but doesn't use them.
I get what you’re saying, but for me there was a clear disconnect from the importance of the situation and his brain.
It was about him not the club in that moment.

I think he can become a very good player .....but we can't afford to give him another season or two to see if he can make the step up. Hopefully we use his money wisely to strengthen. 50 mil for a player we won't miss is too good to refuse.

50 million for a player who clearly doesn’t want to be here, and who was dropped for James garner towards back end of the season. Important thing is we get the right player with the right attitude to replace him.

werid one from villa, douglas luiz was well better, but onana has a higher ceiling.

think he will do well with better players around him, great move for him, villa in the champions league, great manager, great fans and great club.

good luck.
He has to reach it though and lots of Belgian players tend to show loads then flatter to deceive when it comes down to the crunch. Luiz is a far better player imo.

What did you realistically expect mate after the season he had, we probably paid to much for him in the first place
£33 million plus 12 % we paid to Lille of any fee sold above it going to his club Lille - so that's why £50 million was asked for us to make a decent profit .... we will get nowhere near that TBH -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back