2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre season games start next week.

Season kicks off in 35 days.

They need to get a wiggle on/have players in before pre-season.

Don't know about everyone else, but I'm sick to death of relegation scraps so have little patience.
Ok fair point...but our recruitment is already ahead of where we thought it would be and this deal was only going to be done once he was done with the Euros.

Once this goes through am confident we'll see players come in.

Don't know about everyone else, but I'm sick to death of relegation scraps so have little patience.
Unfair view to have at this point with a tournament still going on, what other clubs have made any real signings outside of Villa? We've bought 2 players and sold 2 players, feels to me that we're moving at the pace I'd expect to be honest. We're not in a position to be spending a lot at the moment, we'll probably reinforce with the Onana money until the new owners are in place, maybe then a mad dash to fill the squad at the end of the window.

It's not ideal but it's where we find ourselves.

Reactions: MJA

You can go through my posts you'll see im one of the more pessimistic Evertonians (which i think its justified, born 1991, seen us do absolutely nothing).

However, im actually mildly positive. The midfield looks a bit weak now but the positive is we're not even in pre-season. How many times do we lose a 'key player' (Im not sure if you can call him that but lets say that) later in the window and we, as Evertonians just know there isnt a plan to replace and so forth?

If we still have those midfield options (plus Doucoure who looks more likely to play deeper (oh god)) in 2/3 weeks time, I will start to worry I think.

It's what a months off from Everton does mate.

Thinking Doucoure may be the Onana replacement. Only because we have signed N'Diaye and looks like Dele is signing a new deal too, both are Attacking players best played off the striker. Which means Doucoure may drop deeper.

2 from Doucoure, Garner, Gueye, Tim as CM's with N'Diaye/Dele playing further up.

I hope we are in for another CM but I think we may use the Onana money for other areas.

He’s going to be great for Villa because he’s going to apply himself.

He didn’t want to be here. He was ostentatious about the whole kiss-the-badge, wave-your-arms-at-the-crowd bit, as if that’s a substitute for graft.

Go ahead and grant the premise that he thinks Dyche is a hump and he’s had his head turned by the sexy European manager Emery. It’s still pretty damning when you play as a 6 or 8 and your manager talks publicly about bringing in retired hard men to show you how to play in the middle of the park with proper physicality and attitude.

Look no further than his awful penalty miss in the Fulham shootout. This is a kid who wasn’t applying himself and I think it’s 100% because hel felt like he was slumming at the wrong end of the table.

I’d like to make more but it’s still profit and if he doesn’t want to be here let’s build for the future. Goodbye.

Ok fair point...but our recruitment is already ahead of where we thought it would be and this deal was only going to be done once he was done with the Euros.

Once this goes through am confident we'll see players come in.

Really?

We've retained Gana, Young, looking at retaining Dele.

Signed an PSR workaround from Villa who nobody has seen kick a ball.

N'Diaye could be a good'un, but he's never performed at the highest level so who knows?

We have the club in limbo with ownership/Friedkin.

I can only look at the squad as it is now, 30 odd days before the season starts. They've got to get a move on - I've very little trust in the club's recruitment.

I think our MO has moved to trying to get in players who are flexible and adaptable in multiple positions.

We have Gana, Garner, Timmy who are primarily DM/CMs. We also have Doucoure who could play in that position if needed, so if we get one more in to replace Onana which I suspect we will, that's decent cover. Perhaps we will keep Onyango too.

We have Doucoure and Ndiaye who can play at AM, and if we are working on a Lindstrom and Dele deal that adds two more players who can play in that position.

I still think we need to sign 3 or 4 players in different positions but I feel quite confident that we will get them in and I believe this summer we are targeting the right profile of players. Young, have experience in different leagues/Europe and have potential to tap into still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back