2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.

If it's £50m with potential add ons then that isn't too bad if you ask me. Never really kicked on in the two seasons he's been here for me.

Mad that on the international level how good he looks and everyone is saying what a top talent he is when the ball is played along the ground and hes allowed to do what hes good at.

Then he plays under dyche and does nothing but watch balls go flying over his head and then have to defend. Then when he does get the ball and turns to pass it there is zero movement in front of him and everyone calls him crap.

Personally think that onanas issue is our manager having the tactical ability of a salted slug.

Imo opinion this time next year he'll be getting talked about getting a move to a bigger club then villa and he'll of had a fantastic season under Emery.

PSR window has passed so it won’t go on the new set of accounts. Wouldn’t surprise me to see Dendoncker heading your way in a separate deal.
Not on his wages. He wouldn't be a starter. We can't afford 75k + for a bench player.

Figured the plan all along was too sell him for a big fee to an established CL club after being part of a Belgium side that stormed the euros...

Got the 'after the Euros' bit bang on!

Why would they spend money on transfers for us, they might not even buy us yet.

The squad is crying out for investment.

Coleman, Young & Gana another year older.

Multiple players out of contract. Godrey, Dobbin sold. Onana gone and possibly DCL & Branthwaite to follow.

Backing the DOF with funds and keeping hold of our best players would have been an excellent PR opportunity for the new owners, as well as ensuring no relegation fears for next season. I am disappointed that they have not taken it.

Screenshot_20240713_135343_Chrome.webp

That's pretty good tbh.

Whatever way you look at it that's £46mil going into the kitty.
Plus a healthy PSR.

Once upon a time Villa & Everton were considered bigger than the likes of Chelsea & Spurs it’s time for a change. It’s likely Emery improves him and has a plan in place for him opposed to a Ten Hagg .
I’m sure he will improve under Emery mate, and I’m glad he’s going to Villa rather than Arsenal etc, I was just having a dig at his over inflated ego. 👍🏻

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back