2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad that on the international level how good he looks and everyone is saying what a top talent he is when the ball is played along the ground and hes allowed to do what hes good at.

Then he plays under dyche and does nothing but watch balls go flying over his head and then have to defend. Then when he does get the ball and turns to pass it there is zero movement in front of him and everyone calls him crap.

Personally think that onanas issue is our manager having the tactical ability of a salted slug.

Imo opinion this time next year he'll be getting talked about getting a move to a bigger club then villa and he'll of had a fantastic season under Emery.
International football tempo and EPL tempo are completely different…and he’s playing with better players

He's not a "key player" for this Everton team

I cannot remember a single game last season when I thought, he won Everton the game

I can however remember, losing based on his missed penalties

He's not the player we need at the club IMHO. He's not key. Branthwaite is.

So I was always comfortable with him leaving the club this year
As Joe Thomas pointed out, between Dobbin, Godfrey and Onana we've raised 70m for players Dyche didn't necessarily have in his preferred 11. Personally I would have Onana in mine, but it's pretty marginal really.

But now we need to reinvest that in at least a couple of players who decisively do improve the first 11.

As Joe Thomas pointed out, between Dobbin, Godfrey and Onana we've raised 70m for players Dyche didn't necessarily have in his preferred 11. Personally I would have Onana in mine, but it's pretty marginal really.

But now we need to reinvest that in at least a couple of players who decisively do improve the first 11.

I want to see us buy small (fees) and increase player values

Onana for me is a "disposable asset"

Branthwaite isn't.

Must have dreamt that multi-pass move for Beto’s goal against Newcastle.

Watch our goals back from last season. The main routes of scoring come from winning the ball back high up the pitch and then combination play, set pieces (which all top teams do), and counter attacks.

There’s not many at all that come from a centreback or keeper launching it, someone flicking it on, and then someone scrambling it in. In fact we’re pretty rubbish at that in general and don’t have the players for it.

I dont even think you actually watch the football being played, you’re just trapped in this ridiculous agenda you have.
It’s very very funny that people are hanging on to a single goal and using it to try and define our style.

Yes mate we don’t score a lot of goals from hoofball because hoofball is a bad way to try and score goals. But we do hoof the ball a lot. We do not take risks in possession. We do not play through teams regularly.

And fwiw that doesn’t necessarily have to be a bad thing. You said it yourself, many goals come from winning the ball high up (I wouldn’t agree that we’re the most adept at it but I digress) so avoiding that has merit. I just think we can be honest about what it is. We are not a team that places much emphasis on the midfield playing lots of passes and controlling a game.

Aston villa are a club I'm starting to really like. If this one goes through they have made this a great start to the transfer window for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back