2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good player but we overpaid Lille for him IMO and gave him too big of a wage. Getting £46.5m in (£3.5m is 20% of the profit over the £33m we paid) can see us get a midfielder more suited to our style/manager/fans and maybe even a winger.
What’s Jeff Hendrick up to?

Mad that on the international level how good he looks and everyone is saying what a top talent he is when the ball is played along the ground and hes allowed to do what hes good at.
Is everyone saying that? He got pretty mixed reviews I thought. He was fine doing the basics but even against Romania he played pretty well but still put an opposing attacker clean through on goal with a sloppy header, which should have been a vital equaliser.

If you want a guy who does the basics well they need to do them 100% of the time and not have those sloppy moments. I'm not sure any scouts who watched him at the Euros would've come away with a different opinion to whatever they already had.

Repeating what I've said from beginning. He made his intentions very clear early doors about his progression to a "better" club. For that I admire his honesty and if the move actually happens he goes with my best wishes. There are too many people, myself included, saying he will not be a loss to us. I actually believe he will become a better player with Villa but he was a luxury we could not afford to persist with.

Repeating what I've said from beginning. He made his intentions very clear early doors about his progression to a "better" club. For that I admire his honesty and if the move actually happens he goes with my best wishes. There are too many people, myself included, saying he will not be a loss to us. I actually believe he will become a better player with Villa but he was a luxury we could not afford to persist with.
Villa aren't a better club. At best a sideways step and had one good season. They are a club i have respect for though. But I do get what your trying to say.

Good luck to him, think he will go on to be a good player .
Not suited to were we are at the moment as a club, needs a bit of time,
we havnt got it.
Villa is a good move for him, they are getting a very good squad together
under a good manager.
They should be good enough for top four.
Think everybody ends up winning here us ,villa and the player.
Surprised Arsenal havnt gone in for him looks made for them.

Villa aren't a better club. At best a sideways step and had one good season. They are a club i have respect for though. But I do get what your trying to say.
Villa have CL football so it's a big step forward for his CV. But long term I doubt he sees himself as a Villa player for the next five years, I think he sees himself at an elite level club, and I think he probably hoped / expected to make that sort of move this summer but the likes of Arsenal, PSG and Bayern have been linked but haven't bitten.

He'll see Villa as just one more intermediate step and TBH even at this stage I'd be surprised if his sister wasn't having a final ring round before he puts his name on the dotted line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back