2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Onana has a bright future, even though he was average here, I think he has the chance to become a CL level player.

The frustrating element of this is that again, the DOF & manager are not been backed in the market and need to sell another one of our better players this window like Richarlison & Gordon before him.

The Friedkin Group are putting money in to keep the stadium build progressing as it benefits them/future club revenue, yet they appear to not be putting in the spondooley's to improve the squad.

As things stand, we're in another bottom 6 battle and Dyche / Thelwell will take the flack by the fans when they have one arm tied behind their backs.

Come on Friedkin, stop the selling of our best talent & invest in our playing squad. No point having a world class stadium in BMD if we have a squad full of turkeys.

We need to convince the likes of Branthwaite that we are NOT a selling club.

We sold all our best players under your hero too you boring weapon.

He's not a "key player" for this Everton team

I cannot remember a single game last season when I thought, he won Everton the game

I can however remember, losing based on his missed penalties

He's not the player we need at the club IMHO. He's not key. Branthwaite is.

So I was always comfortable with him leaving the club this year

As a follow on. Can anyone recall him helping or being responsible for any wins last season?

Is it just me or does anyone else think he is sloppy in possession?

I used to get annoyed at posters underrating our players (Branthwaite being a case in point) but now it's become so ridiculous that I have to laugh.

Arsenal, United, Chelsea, Bayern and Barca are interested...

..."He's awful, hasn't improved, £50mil is a good deal"

I'm certain those views automatically upgrade several posters to being far more knowledgeable than some of the best clubs in Europe's management and scouting networks.

Lavia £58mil fee...Onana £50mil yes that sounds about right.

What amazing judgement.
Well there is still time for Arsenal, United, Chelsea and Bayern to counter bid Villa and Onana has the last word in where he wants to go, stand aside you might get hurt in the rush.

As a follow on. Can anyone recall him helping or being responsible for any wins last season?

Is it just me or does anyone else think he is sloppy in possession?
What he is not, is dominant, which he should be with his talent, frame, and pace.

He has the ability to break lines and get the ball into the final third just by trucking up the middle like an NFL runner. Defenders would bounce off of him.

Without the ball he has the pace and tackling ability to boss the middle of the park.

He has the size and springs to be a terror in the air.

Now if you run the numbers he may well have good stats in some of these areas. But I don’t ever remember him “grabbing the game by the scruff of the neck.” How often has he been MOTM? Ever?

If he had half of Doucoure’s work rate he’d be a 75M player

People who spent years slagging him seem to be keen to say "see, only Villa want him and only for £50m"

What they're paying would be our record transfer fee.

Emery/Monchi aren't mugs - they're signing a player who'll be a big player for them.

A pragmatic style in a struggling team doesn't suit any CM. Even Garner looked crap last season.

He's 22 - they won't lose money on him. I predict they'll make a bigger profit than we did, and Onana will win titles in the game.

What he is not, is dominant, which he should be with his talent, frame, and pace.

He has the ability to break lines and get the ball into the final third just by trucking up the middle like an NFL runner. Defenders would bounce off of him.

Without the ball he has the pace and tackling ability to boss the middle of the park.

He has the size and springs to be a terror in the air.

Now if you run the numbers he may well have good stats in some of these areas. But I don’t ever remember him “grabbing the game by the scruff of the neck.” How often has he been MOTM? Ever?

If he had half of Doucoure’s work rate he’d be a 75M player

I just don't see it (with him). Sorry.

More important to keep Branthwaite imo. Onana is decent but theres better out there. What worries me is if the new owners are selling left right and centre. We will be relegated if any more good players are sold but ges 50m for Onana is good.

Genuinely not bothered in the slightest about this. In fact I’m feeling positive as it now gives us good wiggle room to get cracking on a couple of incomings. Let’s have it right here, he wasn’t even getting in the team end of the season. For all his size and the way he looks, we all waiting for him to throw in man of the match performances and dominate the midfield battles but those performances never came. Games just seemed to pass him by and I personally was incredibly frustrated with him.

Maybe a different club with a different manager and playing style will suit him better, we’ll have to wait and see on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back